Catfish n Okra

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Another cook while camping. I caught a few catfish and fried up a few for supper one night.

dmwElEJ.jpg

heated some oil over the fire...

Lh7IjXd.jpg

27vAapV.jpg

rHe9EZX.jpg

brought some okra with me from home....

AalhTBD.jpg

4S6pLyN.jpg

PpY9zKr.jpg

xAZ6HWY.jpg

ixNTYh2.jpg

U8gBrD7.jpg

HWvQXoE.jpg

Pretty much a finger food and cold beer night...

hGCRLxG.jpg

KTttk4Z.jpg

L6IA2FO.jpg

Tossed another log on the fire and enjoyed the evening...

aYEtM3K.jpg

Not a fancy meal but I enjoyed it!

Thanks for looking!

Dang Jeannie you have found a way to raise catfish on land I am impressed Food awesome as usual

Nice...

Dang jeanie, (love the trap to hold them) and then you cook them up after cleaning em!

Awesome!

Nice...

Dang jeanie, (love the trap to hold them) and then you cook them up after cleaning em!

Awesome!
Thanks Norm!
I put them in the cage in the water til I'm ready to clean them. The raccoons at the lake will travel down the bank, pulling in stringers and eating the fish. They can't get my cage open. :grin:

Thank ya mam, brought back some fond memories of my boy hood, nothin better then fresh caught catfish, fried taters and onions cooked on the river bank. Damn, I miss those days, but ingrained in my mind forever. Thank you

Thank ya mam, brought back some fond memories of my boy hood, nothin better then fresh caught catfish, fried taters and onions cooked on the river bank. Damn, I miss those days, but ingrained in my mind forever. Thank you

You're sure welcome and thank you!! Your childhood sounds great! Bet those tatoes and onions were fantastic too.
I grew up doing about the same. :grin:

Fried goodness! Great work Jeanie....I could use a camping trip like that and a meal like that!!!

Looks delicious, can you talk me thru the Okra, I have only eaten it once in a gumbo

Looks great Jen a buddy at work brought me a grocery sack full of okra yesterday... might just open the deep freeze pull out some catfish and fry up the okra too...... simple but delicious.... thx for sharing

Good times and good food Neighbor!

Had catfish, onion rings, and tatoes the night before last and it was good but not fresh caught - The best!

Not a big fan of okra but MSD would be all over that.

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Once again---Jeanie cooks 2 of my favorite food groups. 8)
A couple of hush puppies on the side and I would be all over that!

TIM

That's about all you need right there! Love the cage, the cook, the setting - all that! Nicely done, Jeanie! Catfish and fried okra are a couple of my favorite things by far. :hungry:

Back