MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #46
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR1Rider View Post
From a copycat builder lol.

How's your for gofundme going? Your little buddy was comical how he came at me after I posted how I felt. The company you keep says a lot about you as well.

Sorry about the language moderators. This was one of his admin in his smoker group. Classy bunch.

I try to be original and not copy anyone's designs. I go quite the opposite. And as far as the message you recieved I'm sorry about that, but it has no bearing on me. I did not send it and was not aware of it. My apologies
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #47
DouG M
Full Fledged Farker

So if you are as good as you want us to believe us all here, a DATE he will recieve his cooker as orderd or his MONEY back in cash. Word's of a happy customer go a LONG way to build OUR company's bottom line.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #48
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouG M View Post
So if you are as good as you want us to believe us all here, a DATE he will recieve his cooker as orderd or his MONEY back in cash. Word's of a happy customer go a LONG way to build OUR company's bottom line.
He will either have his smoker or deposit within 30 days depending on which he tells me he wants.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #49
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbrad62 View Post
I have also been looking at this site, and couldn't find any more than you guys, so I typed the company name into the BBB search and came up with an unresolved complaint almost identical to this. I decided to cross this builder off of my list.
I'm not sure what you are talking about with the better business bureau. But we have an A rating with them.
Maybe you looked up the wrong company.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:08 AM   #50
jamaicamon
is one Smokin' Farker

Hope everything works out.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #51
Brian5177
Found some matches.

Funny, I was just getting on here today to post an update, and instead I see that the thread has grown considerably since I was last on here a couple weeks ago. It is interesting to see that Built Rite joined the conversation and added more insight into the delays with their few posts here, than I received in the last several months since ordering my smoker.

And to their defense: Yes, after no communication on their part since November 13th, 2017 (which was in response to my complaints of another missed deadline in October) that I did finally receive a reply message on Jan 5th. It was at this time that after complaining about such a grossly extended schedule with no end in sight (refer to my earlier post for the exact dates), that Mr. Boston did offer to refund my deposit, but only after completing the smoker and lining up another buyer. There was no other timeline given to me for the either the build completion or the refund in spite of my insistence. Obviously I wasn't happy with such an open ended 'solution', but what could I do? Only by logging into this forum today did I see the '30 days' comment, as this was never communicated to me directly either. Thank you DouG M and other members of this forum for pushing for that and getting what I was unable too.

As for whether I want the smoker or my refund back, I feel that I've made myself fairly clear on that, lol.
So I will anxiously await my refund which was promised within 30 day of 1/12/18 and see what happens next.

Last edited by Brian5177; 01-22-2018 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Added more information and dates
Brian5177 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #52
Smokiemon
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Keep us updated.

— William Shakespeare

LSG Insulated Cabinet
Webber Summit Gasser
WSM 18.5
Webber Kettle 22.5
Thermapen [COLOR="red"]Red[/COLOR]
BOOGAC
Smokiemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2018, 04:11 PM   #53
jamaicamon
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm sorry to hear this. I really hope he refunds you. Please keep us posted!

Old 01-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #54
Knothead
Full Fledged Farker

Hope you get your refund. I got bit by a bad builder it sucks.
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #55
ronbrad62
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
I'm not sure what you are talking about with the better business bureau. But we have an A rating with them.
Maybe you looked up the wrong company.
https://www.bbb.org/north-east-flori...-accreditation
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #56
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5177 View Post
Funny, I was just getting on here today to post an update, and instead I see that the thread has grown considerably since I was last on here a couple weeks ago. It is interesting to see that Built Rite joined the conversation and added more insight into the delays with their few posts here, than I received in the last several months since ordering my smoker.

And to their defense: Yes, after no communication on their part since November 13th, 2017 (which was in response to my complaints of another missed deadline in October) that I did finally receive a reply message on Jan 5th. It was at this time that after complaining about such a grossly extended schedule with no end in sight (refer to my earlier post for the exact dates), that Mr. Boston did offer to refund my deposit, but only after completing the smoker and lining up another buyer. There was no other timeline given to me for the either the build completion or the refund in spite of my insistence. Obviously I wasn't happy with such an open ended 'solution', but what could I do? Only by logging into this forum today did I see the '30 days' comment, as this was never communicated to me directly either. Thank you DouG M and other members of this forum for pushing for that and getting what I was unable too.

As for whether I want the smoker or my refund back, I feel that I've made myself fairly clear on that, lol.
So I will anxiously await my refund which was promised within 30 day of 1/12/18 and see what happens next.
You will receive your refund as stated. Sorry for the lack of communication and delays. But this will be taken care of

Old 01-24-2018, 08:57 AM   #57
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbrad62 View Post
That's shows we are not an Accredited company meaning I didn't sign up and pay dues to be accredited. However there are no unresolved complaints as you previously stated.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:10 PM   #58
JVM59
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
That's shows we are not an Accredited company meaning I didn't sign up and pay dues to be accredited. However there are no unresolved complaints as you previously stated.
So by your own admission, you "are not an accredited company"
which would indicate that you could not have acquired a rating of "A" as you
previously stated on 1-13-18. You are indeed correct in that there are no current
unresolved complaints or disputes against you or your company, however, to claim that you have a favorable rating when in fact you do not is false and misleading.
JVM59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #59
Badgerjacob
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brian

subscribed
Badgerjacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 05:06 PM   #60
Demosthenes
Full Fledged Farker

Hey! I still have some popcorn left!!!!......

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist