MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #16
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

I'm thinking about some beef short ribs and pork rib tips. Been wanting to do a whole chicken in the Old Smokey too. Something is gonna get cooked I'm sure of that.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #17
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc

Phiring up the UUNI phor pizzas on Sunday. Lephtover Thai-inspired spare ribs phor dinner tonight.

Looks like another phull weekend oph great phood across the globe!

Kind regards phrom East Bumblephark, NM!

Old 02-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #18
drunkenmeatfist
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Sammy

Just cooked up a batch of vortex wings on my Vision kamado. I've done them on the Weber 22 a few times, but I think the kamado makes the superior wings. Maybe it's the top vent being directly above the vortex, maybe its the SS grate that comes with the Vision. Either way it's good stuff.
drunkenmeatfist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #19
Smoking Piney
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Nothing fancy. Grilling some burgers on Saturday.

Have a phantastic weekend, pholks!

Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber Kettle with rotisserie and Vortex
Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
AMNPS
Smoking Piney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #20
chicagokp
Babbling Farker

Tri Tip and Beeph Ribs!
Weber Performer
22.5 Weber OTG
WGA Charcoal
Weber Genesis
chicagokp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #21
cullenbranson
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Cullen

My wife and daughter left for the weekend and I just loaded up on some food for me and the boy - he's 11.

I can hear the "boos" already, but I'm home late so I got some oven ribs going now, coated with Valentina's and rubbed with OR Dominator.

On deck for the weekend - chili dogs with leftover chili, hot wings, and my son's cooking us some ribeyes and baked tatoes tomorrow. And hopefully gonna sneak in some bagels and cream cheese with smoked salmon Sunday before the girls find out we're off on total bender!

Not really smoking, but still wanted to share. I'm excited for some time with just me and the boy. Probably gonna play some poker with Legos for chips.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #22
SergeantSmoke
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Tim

Just some pork ribs sunday. I wanted to do a brisket but couldn't find a short one for my PBC at costco as all of them were long with thin flats.
SergeantSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 11:32 PM   #23
Springram
is One Chatty Farker

Tri Tip on my new SlowNSear. Will sous vide the meat first according to Adrenaline BBQ YouTube video with Baby Back Maniac (Justin).
Weber 22.5 Master Touch
Hunsaker drum
Weber Smokey Joe
Blackstone griddle
PK Grill (original)
Springram is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-22-2019, 11:39 PM   #24
TravelingJ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullenbranson View Post
I can hear the "boos" already, but I'm home late so I got some oven ribs going now, coated with Valentina's and rubbed with OR Dominator.
Those oven ribs are probably more memorable to him than hitting a drive-through or some fast-casual joint, regardless of the cooker used to make them.
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2019, 01:09 AM   #25
Badjak
is one Smokin' Farker

Not sure yet.
Got some ground beef in the fridge, so maybe a burger. But I actually feel like having piri-piri chicken!

Old 02-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #26
cullenbranson
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Cullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingJ View Post
Those oven ribs are probably more memorable to him than hitting a drive-through or some fast-casual joint, regardless of the cooker used to make them.
Thanks. My wife really likes them. Reminds her of her grandma's.

They were pretty tasty. I highly recommend the Valentina's pre-rub slather. I think it's something I picked up from this site.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:43 AM   #27
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dude

Paging Dr Phu and all smoking munchkins in smoking munchkinland......man don’t know where that came from!!!!!!!! Getting ready for a gig tonight so haven’t done much but son coming in a few for Dad to do some smash sausage the Blue Rhino griddle.....man i do LOVE that griddle... and biscuit ......hey you grab it when you can don’t you ??......Yall have a good one...Peace

Old 02-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #28
Chef Country
is one Smokin' Farker

Just cheese’n it up here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shop built 300 gal smoker
Traeger bbq 125 with digital 180 controller
collecting parts for a 500gal reverse flow build
Chef Country is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2019, 03:30 PM   #29
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
Happy Phriday, Pholks! SWMBO and the boys enjoyed the NY Strips so much last weekend, that I was forced to grab another pack before the sale ended Tuesday. Where the fire comes from is completely dependent on the weather.
I guess the important thing is admitting you have a problem... I am an admitted degenerate when it comes to beef and sales (even better if it is both). I had three large boneless NY Strips in the fridge and was making one last stop at the grocery store before heading home to start lunch. What did I spot but a well marbled 2+ pound choice angus ribeye roast in the reduced bin for ~$12. I didn't need it, and the 4 of us didn't even finish the steaks much less the steaks and the roast. On the plus side, I can think of lots of things to do with cold leftover dead cow!

Old 02-23-2019, 03:39 PM   #30
drunkenmeatfist
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Sammy

Blackstone smash burgers tonight from waygu beef. Found picanha for 3.99/lb for dinner tomorrow. Eye of round is also on sale so I grabbed some of that for jerky tomorrow.
drunkenmeatfist is offline   Reply With Quote