Thought I'd Show Y'all My New Pit

holdenf92

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Holden
Built for me in Austin, TX. If anyone is interested in having one built for them of similar design I can get you in touch with the pit builder. Also, I have to plug Bastrop Firewood, who delivered me a half cord this past weekend with exceptional customer service at a great price. I highly recommend them if you need post oak in the Austin area.
3f2971b66253313b7c5b223f53d1e59e.jpg
0b8a8fdb78eb90d73bf0ac8d5cd723af.jpg
24ef5def087e790a5556ecdac858844c.jpg
b6acc42201160fcd801eeab6f3c54f5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice looking smoker, in better body condition than the red Chev,
You going to paint it?

Looks like it will draw like crazy! Love the natural look - no need to get dirty as they say, but spark it up and let’s see!

Nice.

Same builder that makes the pits that Aaron Franklin uses? Looks very similar to the ones I've seen on shows where he's featured (just saw an episode of the Chef show on Netflix where he was wandering around his pits).

That's pretty much my ideal pit right there. Big ol' long offset. Thick pipe steel. Gorgeous!

Same builder that makes the pits that Aaron Franklin uses? Looks very similar to the ones I've seen on shows where he's featured (just saw an episode of the Chef show on Netflix where he was wandering around his pits).

^my first thought also

who was the builder?

That's definitely a different builder than Franklin uses. Franklin makes his own stuff. Matt and Caleb went off to from Mill Scale and that's definitely not Mill Scale. Very nice rig though.

Awesome pit! I'm liking that stack height, should draw like a beast looking forward to seeing some cooks on that very cool.

Looks just like my Franklinstein! Someone stole my design that I stole from Aaron franklin. Wow another franklin clone smoker from right in his back yard. Now franklin and mill scale (who stole franklins design also) have this new pit maker to deal with. Things are getting Harry in Austin’s BBQ world! Nice pit though.

Man that is one purdy smoker, get her fired up and throw some meat on it! The design is great and looks like good for long cooks.
Light the Fire!

Thank you guys. The guys who built the pit are in the Lexington area. They build pits of all differerent types and designs. I just specifically wanted one of this design. It's a 150 gallon propane tank. Firebox is a half inch thick oil well pipe. Stack is 5 inch diameter and 5 feet tall.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back