ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I haven't cooked a good steak in a few weeks.

Found a couple of really nice prime ribeyes at Costco after waiting 1+00-ish for entry. One for tonight... another in the freezer for next time (they're big and thick). Zipped through and popped out the other side 0+15 later and >$200 lighter.

Oakridge Santa Maria & Carne Crosta (in a 50/50 mix) got the call.

vUxtjU9l.jpg

w0tM55Ul.jpg

1ClC7jul.jpg

Standard "Alton Brown" baked potato with Cavender's Greek Seasoning joined along side. I hit mine with butter and Green Chile Dip (instead of sour cream). It. Was. Delicious.

cNlHJOTl.jpg

4 yr old crushed her whole plate. Circle the date on the calendar.

CINCHOUSE made obscene noises at the table about the crust and tender meat beneath. Maybe it was the red wine. I dunno. :noidea:

Call your meat order in to Keller's and then go pick it up. Much easier than waiting to get into Costco + far better quality meat at Keller's.

Call your meat order in to Keller's and then go pick it up. Much easier than waiting to get into Costco + far better quality meat at Keller's.

I appreciate that. I've been meaning to stop by Keller's on Coors... much like Jameson's on the North Anthony Corridor in Fort Wayne, IN.

Thats a tasty looking feed, got a link to the potatoe?

Hell yes! Perfectly done Marc.

Luckily it's been a breeze getting in and out of stores here.

No doubt that steak was worth the wait, but I didn't know anyone was still waiting in lines to get into anyplace. You are more patient than I, my friend.
That steak looked absolutely perfect!

Thats a tasty looking feed, got a link to the potatoe?

It's so simple, that it's amusing to me to find a "Recipe" for it... but it works.

Alton Brown's Baked Potato Recipe

-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
-Wash potatoes thoroughly with a stiff brush and cold running water.
-Dry, then using a standard fork poke 8 to 12 deep holes all over the potatoes.
-Place in a bowl and coat lightly with oil.
-Sprinkle with salt
-Place potatoes directly on top rack in middle of oven. Place a baking sheet on the lower rack to catch any drippings.
-Bake 1 hour or until skin feels crisp and inside feels soft.
NOTE: If you're cooking more than 4 potatoes, you'll need to extend the cooking time by up to 15 minutes.

Additionally, I sub in the Cavender's Greek Seasoning for the salt at the beginning, and I've found that really big spuds need closer to 90 minutes before I think about checking on them.

Back