MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default Adam Lang recipe (pulled pork, pron later)

Ladies and Gents,

Giving an Adam P. Lang recipe a try today. Used a different rub but following closely from Butt at 130* until completion. Don't know if anyone has tried this recipe for pork butt. Here's the link, I'm pretty stoked. Butt is on UDS as I type. Just hit 130*.

http://www.adamperrylang.com/recipes...hot-red-peper/

Pron later

Old 08-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Also have my first fatty on!

Old 08-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
devious
is one Smokin' Farker

good luck, looking forward to seeing the finished product

Old 08-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Just added the "wrapping mixture" and wrapped it up. At 160* now, hanging out till 193*. Wrapping mixture is butter, brown sugar, mustard, honey, and water. Remember, Mr. Lang's recipe, not mine, credit where it is due!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for the post! The recipe looks like it should be pretty good, and if you like it I might go with it next time. Good luck!
Dave Russell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

I have done this one, it very good. I really like the wrap mixture, even on ribs. Can't wait to see pics.
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Looking forward to the finished results
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default Fatty pron

Here is some pron from my first fatty. Note, I don't know what I screwed up but my fatty wouldn't stay together, I had to foil it from the start. Turned out delicious though, just had a fatty sandwich. Fatty on wheat bread, mayo, garden fresh sliced tomato. Gone in 60 seconds. Not kidding, in a minute it was gone. Delicious.

Last edited by 42BBQ; 10-17-2010 at 04:41 PM..
42BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looking REEEEEEEAL good so far on that sammich!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #10
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default the rest of the pron

Here is the rest of the pron, the pork this time. The recipe overall was great. I don't have an injector yet so I couldn't do that step in the recipe. Used the pulled pork for pulled pork burritos. Tortilla, black beans and rice, fresh tomato from my garden, home made salsa, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Fantastic. Pardon the bite out of the pron, couldn't wait for the camera.

Last edited by 42BBQ; 10-17-2010 at 04:41 PM..
42BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #11
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

looks great, nicely done. Enjoy!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

That looks awesome, great job. Serious BBQ is like my bible. I've made quite a few of his recipes, and have yet to be dissapointed.

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #13
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I'm picking up Serious BBQ from the library once they get it in, going to buy it eventually though and use it forever I'm sure. Have you done the whole pig on a spit yet? That looks amazing and like a ton of fun.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #14
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

That's some serious fine looking bbq. I'll have to check out his book.
Dave Russell is offline   Reply With Quote