Vacuum Sealer

Northwet Burner

Got Wood.
Reaction score
OK so you guys have inspired me to greater things and since I'm pretty much house bound recovering from surgery- great food is piling up faster than the wife and I can eat it. I have a vacuum sealer (the big box store variety) but it ain't even close to keeping up with the traffic.

Best recommendations for an industrial quality built for daily usage sealer. I would say price is no object but the whiskey bill would suffer and Lord knows that ain't happening. The other side of that equation is that a good one would be a good investment.

All ears here

Can't help you with a commercial vac recommendation, but send me some of that food and I will use my Food Saver on it to help you out!

The Cabelas Commercial Vacuum Sealer has a great rating and is on sale as of yesterday. I don't currently own one, but many say it's the best out there. it comes with a 3yr warranty to boot.

Here's the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0030017.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
I second the Cabela's. I have seen it in store and it looks like it'd be a monster of a machine, but I too have only a foodsaver. Everything I get from Cabela's is top notch.

I have the cabelas vac sealer and I have an older foodsaver brand sealer. Hands down the cabelas one is way better. The foodsaver brand is the kind you have to push down (hard) on both sides until it has completely sealed. It's junk. The cabelas one is fairly automatic. Insert the bag, close the lid over it and push start.

Mine was ok for a while but it seems to have gotten worse over time(I haven't used it very much and its been about 3 years). The cabelas one would suck the guts right out of the foodsaver model, and with no hands...

Mine was ok for a while but it seems to have gotten worse over time(I haven't used it very much and its been about 3 years). The cabelas one would suck the guts right out of the foodsaver model, and with no hands...

I have no doubt, I have seen the unit. It looks good and for $349.99 it better be.

I have the cabelas vac sealer and I have an older foodsaver brand sealer. Hands down the cabelas one is way better. The foodsaver brand is the kind you have to push down (hard) on both sides until it has completely sealed. It's junk. The cabelas one is fairly automatic. Insert the bag, close the lid over it and push start.

This is true of the older model foodsavers and the cheaper models, but the newer foodsavers have a locking lever, with no pushing and holding required.

That said, I love my foodsaver, but I trade it in for the Cabelas model in a heartbeat if I had the extra $$$ laying around...

This is true of the older model foodsavers and the cheaper models, but the newer foodsavers have a locking lever, with no pushing and holding required.

That said, I love my foodsaver, but I trade it in for the Cabelas model in a heartbeat if I had the extra $$$ laying around...

Word. I have a newer, top of the line Foodsaver too, works good.

It went off sale today. Went to the store to check it out and it was back to full price. Checked the internet and full price too. I was incorrect about the 3 year warranty-it says one on the box.

Looks like you can always buy the Weston for $100 bucks less.

Went through a couple food savers over the years.

The cabelas is used here daily it seems. We do big chunks of cheese in long envelopes and keep trimming as we need some and reseal right away. It has held up to a lot of use and I recommend it. Whenever we buy large packages of meat we usually cooks some fresh and vacuum bag the rest for freezer storage.

Back