Is anyone buying Sysco Meats?

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
I took a quick look at a Sysco line card yesterday, a friend has a delivery account with them...I was looking for whole pork shoulders, but struck out again. Anyway, they have a very big selection of fresh meats and I was wondering if anyone has (or is) using any of their products??

I have sampled some hams that were very good quality.

I use sysco weekly for my Pork, brisket and tri tip. All of their meat has been excellent. Prices are competitive vs Cash and Carry/Smart and Final.

As far as pricing goes, when I priced Sysco pork butts they not that much cheaper than Sam's club so I passed on them. I did however split a case of packer briskets with the executive chef. 12 - 14 lbs average weight per brisket. I definately will be ordering more. Also, where I worked they delivered twice a week.
I recommend you utilize your friends Sysco account. You can't have too many BBQ resources.

Aren't they a wholesaler? I've seen that they carry huge bags of lump also.

Aren't they a wholesaler? I've seen that they carry huge bags of lump also.

Hmmmm, I never thought of asking about lump. Their pdf catalog is huge, something like 10Mb. Yeah they are wholesale, but when my buddy places a personal order it stays off the company paperwork and he just writes the delivery guy a check.

This is from their product list.

CHARCOAL BRIQUET HICKORY SYSCO BRAND 5566625 1 20LB

CHARCOAL HCKRY BRIQUETTE SYSCO BRAND 3464096 1 40LB

CHARCOAL LUMP NATURAL SYSCO BRAND 7053267 1 20LB

Parrothead used to order from Sysco when his shop was open. He ordered CAB Briskets for me a couple of times and they were fine.

Is the Sysco catalog online? I called the local one at one time, and the woman on the phone said they didn't carry briskets, let alone CAB briskets.

Is the Sysco catalog online? I called the local one at one time, and the woman on the phone said they didn't carry briskets, let alone CAB briskets.

You can access Sysco online if you have an account. The order catalog has far more item information than the general catalog that everyone can view.

This is from their product list.

CHARCOAL BRIQUET HICKORY SYSCO BRAND 5566625 1 20LB

CHARCOAL HCKRY BRIQUETTE SYSCO BRAND 3464096 1 40LB

CHARCOAL LUMP NATURAL SYSCO BRAND 7053267 1 20LB

Yup - I recall seeing a bunch of 40-50# bags outside of a restuarant somewhere.

You can access Sysco online if you have an account. The order catalog has far more item information than the general catalog that everyone can view.

Click HERE and then select "printer friendly catalog". Then go grab a cup of coffee because this thing in huge. I have a smaller 1.7Mb one (353 pages) I can e-mail to you if you want. This must be the general one.

Here is a clip from the brisket section

SYSCOPAGEBRISKET.jpg

Click HERE and then select "printer friendly catalog".

Here is a clip from the brisket section

SYSCOPAGEBRISKET.jpg

Alright!!! this is it. I must have been looking in the wrong place. It was always open on the computer so I never had to look for it. Also I just assumed you an account was needed. Duh!!!! Thanks plenty.

Back