Blackstone 36" mod and questions

bonehead762

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So, being home all day lets me get some stuff done as I'm sure its doing for everyone else. I've been wanting to do some welding on my Blackstone griddle for awhile now. It took me a couple of days since I haven't quite recovered from my chemo treatments yet but it's been a ball!

As other owners know, Moving it around with the heavy top and a full tank makes the legs rock back and forth. So I welded up the legs solid so they don't fold anymore. I also welded the lower tray to the legs to help stiffen them up. And I added braces to the side shelves so I could lift and steer with them. It feels so much more solid now.

But I had some trouble lighting it after I got it back together. After researching on the web I find that there are lots of complaints about the regulator needing "resetting". Have any of you other owners found a work around for this issue? a better regulator recommendation perhaps?

Attachments

• griddle.jpg
    griddle.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 106
If the safety got tripped on the regulator, it's because one or more of the knobs on the BS was in the ON position when you turned opened the valve on the propane tank. It will happen with any propane grill, not just the BS. Reset by turning the knobs to off and the close the valve on the propane tank. Disconnect the propane hose from the tank and wait a few minutes. Then reconnect the propane hose. Make sure the BS knobs are all in the "OFF" position and then slowly open the propane tank valve. Then start the BS. Just remember in this order to avoid having to reset - Propane on, then grill on. When done, grill off then propane off.

Back