A 60 Day Dry Aged Strip Steak

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've dry aged ribeyes and KC strips for 30 days, 45 days, 50 days and this one for Sixty. I was aiming for 50 days but life got in the way. lol

yobnhX3.jpg

Used an Umai bag..

YmCOy3Z.jpg

Wrapped into a stocking and into the fridge to age..
The stocking helps the umai bag adhere during the first week.

IHr6Dsu.jpg

OgrQdlr.jpg

after sixty days...

DIgCD6g.jpg

WLHTRDD.jpg

Sliced the end off and started cutting steaks...

I have removed the outer layer before cutting into steaks, but I prefer cutting the steaks first, then trimming.

JrCw4jZ.jpg

XJiQty1.jpg

yiGiEEw.jpg

Seasoned one with some of my cold smoked salt, pepper, garlic blend then tossed it into the sous vide for 2 hours at 130F

Chc7Wp5.jpg

Gave it a quick sear and hit it with my cold smoked butter...

CG7rctd.jpg

FoVmdvR.jpg

Washed it down with a sip of Crown...

TITYgLz.jpg

bWWS8Va.jpg

This one turned out better than I had thought it would. The steak was tender and juicy. I'm not sure if it was the length of the dry age , the sous vide or the combo, but I liked it!

Thanks for looking!

I always think she can't top her last cook, well, I guess that is foolish... jeezus Jeanie, you have no boundaries! Awesome cook once again.

Thanks,
Greg

I always think she can't top her last cook, well, I guess that is foolish... jeezus Jeanie, you have no boundaries! Awesome cook once again.

Thanks,
Greg
Very kind of you Greg! Thank you!
The dry aging process really does make lesser cuts of meat tender and flavorful. :grin:

Dinner for two perhaps? :thumb:

When you say stocking, do you mean that you vac pack it for the first week?

It looks Fantastic!

Every element of that meal is great! From the methods used to the salt & butter, & obviously expertly prepared! I haven't had a drink in quite a while - does CR still come in those purple cloth bags? Those used to be very handy for party supplies and whatnot. :spy:

What in the hell are people at Food Network thinking? You could likely beat both Bobby Flay and Alton Brown with one hand tied behind your back.

Every element of that meal is great! From the methods used to the salt & butter, & obviously expertly prepared! I haven't had a drink in quite a while - does CR still come in those purple cloth bags? Those used to be very handy for party supplies and whatnot. :spy:

Yes. I know a bartender. How many do you need?

You can’t spell umai withou U & I.

So far not much luck with your Woodpile list :-D
Ive been trying them on The Bride throughout the day.
Sunday Steak it is.
Cheers and gather your rocks

Dinner for two perhaps? :thumb:

When you say stocking, do you mean that you vac pack it for the first week?

It looks Fantastic!

Pretty sure she uses a nylon stocking. Pretty sure that's what she said last time.

Oh, and awesome job Jeanie, as per usual! I always hesitate to look at your posts, knowing I'll never achieve the level of your awesomeness.

Back