Couple of 21oz Ribeye

Sometimes I will let thick steaks like these sit for 45min with just kosher salt on one side. Then flip and season with a commercial rub on the other side and start off salt side against the flame.

I recommend not patterning yourself after me. I seldom do the same thing two times in a row.

Thanks for the reply...no dig intended...but I thought wow, SM is really already too salty for me. Kinda like Yardbird is.

Seriously, none taken. Sometimes I get out there where the buses don’t run when I MSU. I cook so much so often I’d puke if I ever got consistency in my advanced beginner cooking life. Smoke On.

As soon as you disclose the beer that you've "paired with it" (said with sarcasm in reference to wine snobs) I can cast my vote for best meal in the world.

Now that's a heck of a plate. :hungry:

attachment.php

As soon as you disclose the beer that you've "paired with it" (said with sarcasm in reference to wine snobs) I can cast my vote for best meal in the world.

As long as the subject has been brought up...I have noticed that I tend to gravitate toward the least "fancy" beers available when it comes to pairing it up with 'cue. I have tried various microbrews and the more trendy varieties (super hoppy IPAs, etc, etc.) but I always circle back to an ice-cold, big brand pilsner/lager for purposes of drinking with smoked meat. Miller Lite, Lone Star, Modelo, etc. Not sure why.

Thoughts? Adams, where stand ye on this?

Beer. I love beer. Lately I’ve been buying the darkest black beer I can find. I don’t drink a whole lot of beer in the winter, and obviously this year has been kind of weird. I bought some Bells a month ago. I made Red Beer with V8 and snappy Tom. Guess my thought process right now is drink, beer but only those I cannot see through

Drink was 100% Cranberry juice and Bulleitt Frontier Whiskey

There was also a sixer of Carona that fooled me into thinking it was dark, when it wasn’t.
Nicely fooled, good taste

Fortunately the Base package store has Bulliet on sale for $19.95 quite often and when they do I usually grab 2 or 3 bottles.

Been on a High West Double Rye and Michter's Small Batch kick lately, unfortunately they never go on sale. :doh:

Beer. I love beer. Lately I’ve been buying the darkest black beer I can find. I don’t drink a whole lot of beer in the winter, and obviously this year has been kind of weird. I bought some Bells a month ago. I made Red Beer with V8 and snappy Tom. Guess my thought process right now is drink, beer but only those I cannot see through

That's fair. Cold (or what passes for cold anyway) weather always makes me thirsty for stouts/porters/bocks. Are you a michelada guy? I've been hankering for one lately. Modelo, an obscene amount of lime juice, some kosher salt, few big dashes of Tabasco and some Clamato. Sometimes over ice...but only that good bagged kind that takes longer to melt.

I know others have said it, but I will also say it, at least as it relates to how good that plate looks:

Amen_zpsn3ychziv.jpg

21oz? At what point does it stop being a ribeye and start being a prime rib?!

Fantastic plate brother!

Wow, amazing plate. That's "my last meal" worthy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fortunately the Base package store has Bulliet on sale for $19.95 quite often and when they do I usually grab 2 or 3 bottles.

Been on a High West Double Rye and Michter's Small Batch kick lately, unfortunately they never go on sale. :doh:

Michters. Been wanting to try it. They have a Toasted that I’ve never seen in the Wild. “People want what they can’t have” saying comes to mind.

Nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.

Back