Another Successful Yoder Restoration (Pic Heavy Thread)

Loved the way yours turned out too man! You set the standard for it I'd say. I love the shelves too. They couldn't have turned out any better. Several cooks in and everything is holding up great.

I tipped Dan off to this post. I know him a bit from cooking with him at the Royal several years back with the pelletheads team. He is a meticulous guy, and have no doubt that the refurb he did on the Yoder was top notch.

Dan, Thanks for the trip through the rebuild. You Sir did an excellent job there, As most FloBoy"s do, and she looks like brandie new!!
Now we are looking for some pic's of the cooks!!
Congrats on the sweet deal!

Might be a dumb question from a rookie. What makes this pit special. Used 600 an they say you got a deal ?

10 gauge steel (just under 1/8” thick) make this pit very thermally stable and it will literally last forever.
Other pellet pits are made out of much thinner pressed/stamped sheet metal

Inaugural brisket cook on the Yoder today. Since its the first brisket I've cooked on it I decided I would separate the point and the flat and cook them apart. I've never done it that way before and wanted to give it a shot. I definitely see burnt ends in my future!

Attachments

• 20200329_094506.jpg
    20200329_094506.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 66
Inaugural brisket cook on the Yoder today. Since its the first brisket I've cooked on it I decided I would separate the point and the flat and cook them apart. I've never done it that way before and wanted to give it a shot. I definitely see burnt ends in my future!

Nice.. But.. I notice your a newbie to the forum.. You forgot the Brethren tradition of a smoked fatty! HAHA! just giving ya heck.. Nice refurb job!

Nice.. But.. I notice your a newbie to the forum.. You forgot the Brethren tradition of a smoked fatty! HAHA! just giving ya heck.. Nice refurb job!
Well it's funny you mention that...this was the first brisket cook...the first EVER cook I did 2lbs of bacon and a big ol fatty stuffed with cream cheese and some blues hog raspberry chipotle. It was awesome! Admittedly it was my first fatty attempt so it came apart a bit. See the pics below!

First cook fatty...that Blues Hog is sssoooooo ggggoooooodddd:

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_181256.jpg
    IMG_20200302_181256.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20200302_203139.jpg
    IMG_20200302_203139.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20200302_204156.jpg
    IMG_20200302_204156.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 32
Back