Would rather smoke....but have to Grill

Iroquois

Knows what a fatty is.

Batch Image
Reaction score
As the title says, I would rather smoke these chicken thighs but am forced to grill them for 130 of my Army buddies along with the traditional Burgers and Hot Dogs in 2 weeks. With that said, I usually use Oak Ridge BBQ Game Changer brine but would really like to step it up with a little different flavor. Any Brethren tried and true recipes would be much appreciated.

Happy 4th of July:wave:

My go to on chicken thighs is KC Rib Doctor. Best I have found. Stays crunchy and doesn't go mushy like most rubs out there. In my book it's #1. I also use it on my pork butt.

Funny how a non "fancy" rub like KC Rib Doctor can kick the pants off of a lot if these fancy small batch/gourmet rubs!

Everyone always asks me what rub I use on my chicken...then I show them the KC RD, and they are a bit disappointed! Kind of like finding out how a magic trick is done, and then it's not so magical any longer!

They always say that they have seen that rub in the grocery store for years, and never thought to try it because the packaging looks so plain!

But it is a fantastic rub and very granular so it stays crunchy and doesn't go mushy like alot of these dehydrated spice rubs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 187
Try Chiavetta's BBQ Marinade.... great for grilling.

People stand in line for this chicken for hours to get their meal, even though they bought their ticket well in advance.

If you are still at JBMDL, it is available at Wegman's in Mt Laurel.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2939719&postcount=86

020477122005.jpg

Last edited:
As the title says, I would rather smoke these chicken thighs but am forced to grill them for 130 of my Army buddies along with the traditional Burgers and Hot Dogs in 2 weeks. With that said, I usually use Oak Ridge BBQ Game Changer brine but would really like to step it up with a little different flavor. Any Brethren tried and true recipes would be much appreciated.

Happy 4th of July:wave:

It appears that today is the day.... So how did your Chicken, dogs and burgers turn out...

Back