• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My custom vertical off-set build Thread!!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! Decided to go ahead and start this thread! I have a buddy that's building a vertical off set smoker for me! It's going to be a 24x24x36 cook chamber, with a 20x20x20 firebox!

I thought I would go ahead and start this thread tonight! Picked up 2 3/16" sheet, One 1/4" sheet 2 sheets of expanded metal, and 40' 1"x1"x3/16" angle iron! Might have to go back for more angle iron, we will see!

I will keep the thread updated while it gets built! Hopefully it wont take long to get together and cooking!

IMG_1140_zpsbbcy1qik.jpg

Flat Stock.? May not need it depending on how you lay out your doors and intakes ......

I didn't get anything else! We haven't decided on the design of the doors and stuff yet! I guess we're going to start with building the boxes, then figure out how the doors will be made. We have a lot of material here for stuff like that

Nevermind - I had a brain Fart. On round smokers -both horizontal and vertical -you would use flat bar to line the door openings or on the doors. A square chamber you would use angle or nothing.

Some assembly required :heh:

Yeah maybe a little bit LOL

Nevermind - I had a brain Fart. On round smokers -both horizontal and vertical -you would use flat bar to line the door openings or on the doors. A square chamber you would use angle or nothing.

I was confused for a moment! LOL It's all good man!

Check out Peeps Build

Thanks for the link, I've been looking at that thread for a while now.

First cut's been made, I'll report tomorrow evening. This cookers gonna be pretty heavy. Total weight of today's haul was 976lbs. Plus an extra couple lbs for the BBQ I brought home.

Went to the same BBQ place I went to a few weeks ago. Made sure I got there during their opening hour! Brisket was great, ribs and chicken was over cooked and on the dryer side. It was still pretty good. I like ribs that fall apart, but it was far from that. I liked their BBQ sauces tho. Had the same opinion about it as I did last time. Has a good smoke flavor profile, but I like the flavor profile of the oak ridge rubs I use better.

Let's see something.!.!

Is this thing on?

Can ya hear me now?

We are taking things slowly today. Allergies is kicking everybody's butt around here.. Got half the cook chamber cut. Nothing interesting, So I'm going to wait til everybody is feeling better and in a more energetic mood for taking pictures and all that.

The cook chamber will be smaller, I made the mistake of not adding extra room for the firebox entrance. Only thing I'll be losing is 1 cooking rack! That's not big deal for how much food I cook.

Back