MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:40 AM   #31
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

We're making a trip to Dallas this fall, I'm going to make it a point to try out some BBQ joints. We're driving in, and it sounds like Terry Blacks is one of the places I'm going to be stopping at.

Old 08-06-2022, 01:51 PM   #32
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

I'm limited in suggestions since I mostly cook BBQ at home (have been to more places in the Austin area and west Tennessee than I have been in DFW). Here's a handful of places to scope out and depending when you're in town maybe we could meet up.

I live 20 miles north of Dallas so I've been to Hutchins in McKinney (30 miles north of Dallas) a lot so it's my favorite local spot. They have a 2nd location in Frisco but I haven't been there. Hurtado's is very highly rated and they opened a 2nd location in Little Elm (which is closer to me than their original in Arlington) however haven't been to either.. I also really like Heim BBQ in Fort Worth (and they've opened a location in Dallas). Lots of folks like Cattleack BBQ but it's just open for lunch Thur-Sat.

https://hutchinsbbq.com/

https://hurtadobbq.com/

https://heimbbq.com/

https://cattleackbbq.com/

Goldee's in south Fort Worth was rated #1 in BBQ by Texas Monthly last year which was really cool for the DFW area since the Austin area is usually chosen.

https://www.goldeesbbq.com/

Here's a pretty good article from Texas Monthly.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/best-bbq-dallas/

Hoping some other DFW farkers chime in.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:55 PM   #33
cowboyupbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Eric

407 BBQ is really good.

Marty B’s is a fun place with a lot of good food. The bbq is legit too.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:09 AM   #34
IamMadMan

I haven't posted pictures yet as we had an illness in the family that resulted i passing.

The new suggestions will be noted for the spring travel back to the area. Thanks again for the recommendations, and hopefully they might help guide other BBQ-Brethren as well.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 01:34 PM   #35
IamMadMan

I just realized I never posted the picture.... So here goes....

Heim BBQ by the River

Monster Onion Rings

Rib Platter with Potato Salad and French Fries

Smoked Turkey and Sausage Platter with Onion Rings and Jalapeno Mac & Cheese

Bacon Burnt Ends and Brisket Platter wit Pit Beans and Jalapeno Mac & Cheese

They definitely shorted us on the Bacon Burnt Ends this visit

Peach Cobbler

Panther City BBQ

Hells Half Acre

Brisket, Ribs and Corn Elote

Brisket Tacos

Close-Up

Collard Greens

The Pitmasters
Old 09-20-2022, 11:46 AM   #36
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

We'll be visiting Dallas soon, staying near Deep Ellum. Pecan Lodge and Terry Black's are both right by, so I suspect we'll hit one of those. I'd planned to hit something like Goldee's while we're there, but it sounds like the wait has increased a good bit since they hit #1 on Texas Monthly and I'm not sure I want to dedicate that much time to it because our trip is relatively short. I'll keep Heim in mind as well. It looks like there are some good taco options in/near Deep Ellum as well. We do plan to stop by Bucees on our way in or out of town.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:51 PM   #37
IamMadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsandswine View Post
We'll be visiting Dallas soon, staying near Deep Ellum. Pecan Lodge and Terry Black's are both right by, so I suspect we'll hit one of those. I'd planned to hit something like Goldee's while we're there, but it sounds like the wait has increased a good bit since they hit #1 on Texas Monthly and I'm not sure I want to dedicate that much time to it because our trip is relatively short. I'll keep Heim in mind as well. It looks like there are some good taco options in/near Deep Ellum as well. We do plan to stop by Bucees on our way in or out of town.

Sounds like you have a great plan.

I'm flying to LA with a one day stop in Dallas to pick up my Daughter and Granddaughter on the way. Terry Blacks in Dallas will be a stopping point for dinner before boarding the next plane. Even before the article Goldee's always had a long wait, so we passed on the visits there. My Daughter like Bucee's, she goes there several times a month.
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-05-2022, 10:06 PM   #38
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

http://localcraftbbq.com/ was highly recommended at the last Belton get together. It is a bit NW of Fort Worth so, might be a bit far from Dallas.