GAB Invitational Results

WTG Rod!

I spoke with Skip (Chick'N'Pig) this afternoon, he got to walk twice....they awarded 15 places, if I remember correctly, he took 4th in pork and 13th in brisket. He finished overall in the middle of the pack. Mark and Becky Hyman, Great Grills O Fire finished 9th.

Tomorrow, 290 plus teams go at it.

Chick-N-Pig told me he made some awsome biscuits and gravy on the Thermonator!! I want some PIX!! Better yet---We will be expecting Breakfast at the next contest.:wink:

Congrats Rod!! Good Show!! Hope to see you at Blues & Q's in Sedalia!!

Spice

I saw those biscuits being made and there are definitely pictures, Jay! That is an AWESOME piece of equipment! I think I want one! Beautifully done!

Talked to Rod today before turn in's for the Open and if you haven't met Rod, he is a hell of a good guy and there's no one that deserves that GC more than he and Sheri do! Not ONE boastful or otherwise word from him! After winning that kind of contest, it would be difficult for anyone to keep quiet but Rod was his usual laid back and humble self! Class act all the way! Congrats, Rod and Sheri!

WOW--Way to go Rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all who walked in that Star Studded field.
My hat is off to you!

TIM

Thnx everyone. Jeff, thnx for your kind words. We had a blast. Cooked the Invitational on pellets. Cooked the Open on the sticker burner (and pure adrenaline). Don't know how we cooked at Parson, KS today. Never, ever will we cook three contests in three days.

To the question about whether we knew we nailed it, no way. I don't think we've ever felt like we cooked a winning contest. For whatever reason, we cooked very consistent in the three contests this weekend.

Thnx again for all of the comments. Sheri and I really still can't believe it.

Rod

Jay, I too had a tour of the thermonator, since Jeff is buying, go ahead and make me one. Pretty damn cool design. I need to talk to you on how we can make a vert. spicewine!

spicewine said:
Chick-N-Pig told me he made some awsome biscuits and gravy on the Thermonator!! I want some PIX!! Better yet---We will be expecting Breakfast at the next contest.:wink:

Congrats Rod!! Good Show!! Hope to see you at Blues & Q's in Sedalia!!

Spice

Jay the Spicewine Thurmanator was just awesome. We had thought at first that it was a little too big? not!! It is the perfect size for competition or just cooking at home. Denise won 1ST place vegetable side dish!!!! This was her first time to ever enter side dishes. We are still waiting to find out how we did in the rest of the gab.
Rod thanks for the charcoal loan, I brought you back a bag. I hope you found it. Jeff it was nice to visit with you, hope to get to talk to you more! Your smoker is awesome, nice color.
pics below

Attachments

• P5260006.jpg
    P5260006.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 57
  • P5260003.jpg
    P5260003.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 57
  • P5260004.jpg
    P5260004.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 57
  • P5270044.jpg
    P5270044.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 57
  • P5270051.jpg
    P5270051.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 55
  • P5270038.jpg
    P5270038.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 54
  • P5270053.jpg
    P5270053.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 53
  • P5270073.jpg
    P5270073.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 52
  • P5270075.jpg
    P5270075.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 52
  • P5270088.jpg
    P5270088.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 52
That all looks awesome, Skip! Congrats to Denise!

And here's your 2006 GAB Invitational Grand Champions!

Last edited:
Rod and Sheri Congratulation!!! You both deserved the big win.

kcpellethead said:
Thnx everyone. Jeff, thnx for your kind words. We had a blast. Cooked the Invitational on pellets. Cooked the Open on the sticker burner (and pure adrenaline). Don't know how we cooked at Parson, KS today. Never, ever will we cook three contests in three days.

To the question about whether we knew we nailed it, no way. I don't think we've ever felt like we cooked a winning contest. For whatever reason, we cooked very consistent in the three contests this weekend.

Thnx again for all of the comments. Sheri and I really still can't believe it.

Rod

Congrats Rod and Sheri. 3 contests in 3 days. You might want to think about a 12 step program. Just kidding. Way to go.

Yummy photos Skip!! Congrats Denise!!

Congrats Rod & Sheri: Maybe we will see ya in Sedalia!!

Spice

Back