Alas, brisket, we hardly knew ye...

I love brisket but it's not something I cook often. I'm fairly alarmed though that St Louis spares are getting harder to find lately. I gotta have my ribs.

Tie pork belly onto BabyBack.
Roll smoke

$6.28 for prime at my Sam's. They had a beautiful one in the counter, thickest flat I have ever seen on one, $101.00. I didn't have to run it by the wife, no way I would pay that knowing that the hike is temporary.....right?

It will be temporary if we don't buy it.

1st time I've EVER seen a packer at my local Costco - $6.99/lb.
Ribeye is now $14.99/lb. Needless to say, I didn't buy any.

Check your local Kroger neighbor, I think your prices are the same as they are here. Prices are good thru 6/9, gotta have a Kroger card.

MwmI5Ua.png

Price at our Costco is around $11 a kilo,hasn't really changed in the past 6 months.

$11.49/lb for tri-tip at the market today. $38!!! For one single tri-tip. Crazy. I’m glad I packed the freezer when this virus bs started.

Cross fingers we’re almost through this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$11.49/lb for tri-tip at the market today. $38!!! For one single tri-tip. Crazy. I’m glad I packed the freezer when this virus bs started.

Cross fingers we’re almost through this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11.49 yikes! I passed at 7.99 last week

I bought two last week at $4.99/lb Costco Prime, I’m feeling fortunate with the prices I see in this thread.

Last time I checked (a few weeks ago), I found choice whole packers at Wally World for 2.96/lb. I snapped up a 17-plus pounder for a shade over 50 bucks. My local store has carried either selects or choice at right around $3/lb for years. I buy whenever they have choice, pass when they have selects. I'm in west-by-god-virginia.

On Wednesday at the local Wal-Mart, there was only one brisket and it was a 20 pound choice packer at $2.96/lb. I would have bought it except it has a very thin flat and appeared to have a very thick of fat cap and the color of the meat was more pink than red. Decided to pass as have three in the freezer.

Strange times.

Robert

On Wednesday at the local Wal-Mart, there was only one brisket and it was a 20 pound choice packer at $2.96/lb. I would have bought it except it has a very thin flat and appeared to have a very thick of fat cap and the color of the meat was more pink than red. Decided to pass as have three in the freezer.

Strange times.

Robert

Yes, I always have to trim quite a bit of fat from the briskets I get at Walmart.

I guess it pays to complain. Just ordered two whole choice briskets for $2.99 a lb at Kroger. If I'm going to burn all that lump in the Open Range I want to fill it up and have plenty for chili.

Buuuut..... they didn't actually have them even though they were on the weekly ad. No rainchecks allowed these days.

Oh well. This too shall pass. I suppose if having to switch to chuckies is the worst that happens to me I'm doing OK.

Back