• Char-Grilled Chuckeye Steak w/ Hot Salted Crispy Garlic Fries

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Chuckeye steak has become my favorite cut of beef to grill – we find them frequently at various local Publix locations, and they have completely replaced ribeye, and even Tri-Tip as my usual grilled beef option. I never imagined that I would ever say such a thing, but I’m a sold convert on chuckeyes – they are tender, with just enough fat for flavor, and an incomparable beef flavor that is unmatched. And there just happened to be a nice couple of chuckeyes I just picked up. So there’s that.

Then, I thought some fries might be a good accompaniment with the steak, so I decided on a different take, which was to toss the just cooked fries with lots of fresh chopped garlic, parsley, and a dusting of Naturiffic Hot Salt to finish the fries off.

So here’s how it went down:

Chuckeye steaks:

1ymuTtg.jpg

Steaks seasoned with Lawry’s and Trader Joe’s Coffee and Garlic BBQ Rub:

svNGTzO.jpg

Grill shot of steaks almost done:

xnbyb8P.jpg

Steaks right off the grill:

VxluEW9.jpg

The fries with all that garlic, parsley, and Naturiffic Hot Salt:

nt83ZSJ.jpg

Closer on the crispy garlicky hot salty goodness:

Uzl1RIj.jpg

And everything together on the plate, ready to eat:
VYW0iAs.jpg

The steaks did not disappoint – and the fries were mighty tasty, though very garlicky! Naturiffic Hot Salt is great for many things, especially hot, crispy fries!

Nicely done! Haven't seen chuckeye steaks here in Maryland. Will be on the lookout!

Bruce

Embarrassed to say that I've never cooked nor eaten a chuckeye steak. Need to fix that. Yours looks great with the fries.

Love chuck eyes. Yours look great.

And the garlic fries- we have a place here that takes crispy fries and tosses them in real homemade garlic butter-garlic pieces and all.

Doesn't sound like it would work but if you eat them fast enough they don't get soggy. Not the healthiest side in the world...but dang good.

Steak and fries is one of my favorites and I’m also a fan of Hot Salt on fries!

I like the idea of garlic fries, but I think I'll sautee the garlic to a nice brownish color first.

Love the steak and the kicked up fries. Nicely done Richard!

I tried the Chuckeye steaks once because Marty (Owens BBQ) kept telling me how great they were.

A horrible disappointment. But that is the result I usually get from Dillon's steaks.

I need to try again.

Forgot all about the chuck eye, love that cut. I'd be all over those fries, especially with the raw garlic. :thumb:

For those that can't find it, look for something labeled as a Delmonico steak, that's what they call a chuck eye in these parts.

For those that can't find it, look for something labeled as a Delmonico steak, that's what they call a chuck eye in these parts.

My dad used to call a ribeye a delmonico. Come to find out, delmonico comes from the name of a restaurant in New York called Delmonico's.

"It can be difficult to determine exactly what the term "Delmonico steak" entails. As*Steak Perfection points out, the term has been applied to several different cuts of steak: a boneless chuck-eye, a bone-in rib steak, a bone-in ribeye, a boneless ribeye, a bone-in top loin steak, and a boneless top loin steak."

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/669255/what-...d-is-it-better-than-ribeye/?utm_campaign=clip

My dad used to call a ribeye a delmonico. Come to find out, delmonico comes from the name of a restaurant in New York called Delmonico's.

"It can be difficult to determine exactly what the term "Delmonico steak" entails. As*Steak Perfection points out, the term has been applied to several different cuts of steak: a boneless chuck-eye, a bone-in rib steak, a bone-in ribeye, a boneless ribeye, a bone-in top loin steak, and a boneless top loin steak."

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/669255/what-...d-is-it-better-than-ribeye/?utm_campaign=clip

Yes, Delmonico was named for a NY steak house of the same name. It was traditionally a boneless ribeye.

Now it can be almost anything someone wants to call Delmonico

Absolutely tops.

Big fan of a good chuck eye... and those fries!? Hell, yes!

I tried the Chuckeye steaks once because Marty (Owens BBQ) kept telling me how great they were.

A horrible disappointment. But that is the result I usually get from Dillon's steaks.

I need to try again.

I first heard about chuckeye steaks here a long time ago - they would appear on very rare occasions when I lived in SoCal, and the first ones I tried were also disappointing. Look for choice or better, and at least 1 inch thick and you'll be in good shape.

Last edited:
Back