MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-26-2020, 08:10 AM   #16
mike243
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

At 59 I don't do FB, I have enuff drama in my life without complicating it with folks who don't think like me have no respect for anybody ect, if I need disrespect I only need to interact with some of my relatives lol

Thanks from:--->

Old 11-26-2020, 08:17 AM   #17
HouseDoc
Full Fledged Farker

I don't do the BOOK. Hell I had to give up Nextdoor due to the dumbass folks on it. BTW, Happy Thanksgiving!
HouseDoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2020, 08:38 AM   #18
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

I was on some Rec Tec groups before I bought my 590. It was really helpful then, same as reading reviews on a restaurant you have never been to. But you take those comments with a grain of salt. But the information I got there helped me be more comfortable with the purchase. But once I got the cooker and was familiar with it, there was no use for Facebook. Just a bunch of bad cooking advice from people that really don’t know how to cook and too many overused memes and gifs and stupid arguments for my taste. Brethren is far better

Rec Tec 590 Stampede, Primo Oval XL, BPS drum
chingador is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2020, 10:54 AM   #19
Swine Spectator
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : David

I've been FaceBook-free since '93. This site is my primary social media, where I can gather with like-minded individuals and we can have civil debates on the important issues of the day, such as:

- What color thermopen is fastest?
- Should you coat chicken with mayo before smoking or grilling?
- Do you have what it takes to be a certified Moink-baller?
- What is up with the damn squirrels?
- Should all fatty's be naked?

- "There's nothing magical about 225°, except waking up earlier and eating later." - DaveAlvarado
- "You talk about burning lots of wood like it’s a bad thing..." - Gimmethecash
Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller!
Swine Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-26-2020, 11:39 AM   #20
bschoen
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bruce

Won't do farkbook, never have. But if I was to wrankle it would be someone asking for advice, doesn't matter for what, then proceeds to argue if the advice was not what she/he wanted to hear.
bschoen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #21
blackdogbbq21
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Paul

Some of the ones that drive me most nuts.

“What temp to I pull my brisket or butt off at”
I see it asked over and over and most groups have search features

“ I’m going with texas style rub”
Then name off the 14 spices being added to the salt and pepper for “just a little extra flavor”

I’ve deleted many groups I came across where people bash each other over what others enjoy or just give a lot of bad advise. I like this site better than most FB groups, better knowledge here and less arguing
blackdogbbq21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2020, 01:58 PM   #22
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

I'll jump in.. I am part of the Grilla Grillz FB Group.. I don't use FB but to contact specific people on there via message.. This goes for just about any thing.. my biggest annoyance I have with the most that deals with anything "learning" related.. is the constant asking of the same exact question 15 million times a day.. If a person is a member of these groups.. Wouldn't they see previous posts about it before making their own post?

I try to make each post interesting, entertaining, and informative.. even if I'm asking a dumb question.. LOL

Old 11-26-2020, 04:49 PM   #23
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

B, I think you are too stressed! Yes there is a lot of things people can find out. However, IMnotalwaysHO, people ask those questions for conversation and conformation of information in the realm of a bunch of people who have a similar hobby. I love the guy in the North Texas BBQ who asked this morning "how long do I thaw a turkey". Things like that have to be done in fun, or stupidity. I made a silly comment and rolled on. Sometimes it's hard to know. Anyway, go get a sweet tea, beer, or bourbon and try to enjoy the day!!

Old 11-26-2020, 05:01 PM   #24
PnkPanther
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Adam

I understand frustration, but many of these people asking dumb questions and have no idea what they're doing. I'd rather help out than not

also realize there is conflicting information across internet. fat side up, fat side down. I know a guy who says you're an idiot if you trim brisket at any level.

FB in general sucks, but I much prefer dumb questiosn about cooking over most of nonsense I see

Old 11-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #25
Bacchus2b
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swine Spectator View Post
I've been FaceBook-free since '93. This site is my primary social media, where I can gather with like-minded individuals and we can have civil debates on the important issues of the day, such as:

- What color thermopen is fastest?
- Should you coat chicken with mayo before smoking or grilling?
- Do you have what it takes to be a certified Moink-baller?
- What is up with the damn squirrels?
- Should all fatty's be naked?
Forgot about coating everything in Mayo - That's a great one!!!
Cookshack FEC-100
Weber Summit 420 Gasser
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26" Kettle
PK Classic Grill
Bacchus2b is offline   Reply With Quote