Meater Block...It finally arrived

Mine arrived today. I like it so far. The app pretty nice, it finds the Block, then finds your wifi network. Just punch in the password for it and away you go! Right now its charging up the probes.

For my first cook with it, I grabbed a whole bird from my local grocery. Its going to look like a vodoo doll with all four probes stuck in it while it spins away on my rotisserie. :grin:

I received mine today. I agree with all of the above comments. Two things: If you ordered one, have patience the first time you fire it up. The probes come needing charged. Even leaving it on for 30 minutes was not enough to get it to connect to the block. After several hours, I tried again and they all connected. Also, the probes are a little larger in diameter than what I imagined. For some meats, you want to consider how you place the probe. Otherwise, you find a pencil sized hole right in the middle of your prime rib roast! It's ok, though. Just need to keep it in mind.

I can't wait to try it!

Guess it wasn't charged up enough for my first try via WiFi but after letting charge all the way it set up and worked instantly without any issues. :thumb:

It has to be fully charged it seems like especially WiFi.

UOh82YJh.jpg

I received mine today. I agree with all of the above comments. Two things: If you ordered one, have patience the first time you fire it up. The probes come needing charged. Even leaving it on for 30 minutes was not enough to get it to connect to the block. After several hours, I tried again and they all connected. Also, the probes are a little larger in diameter than what I imagined. For some meats, you want to consider how you place the probe. Otherwise, you find a pencil sized hole right in the middle of your prime rib roast! It's ok, though. Just need to keep it in mind.

I can't wait to try it!

One thing I notice when I extended the kickstand - there's a micro usb port on the right side of the Block. Apparently it can be powered this way if no AA batteries are present, but I haven't verified that.

One thing I notice when I extended the kickstand - there's a micro usb port on the right side of the Block. Apparently it can be powered this way if no AA batteries are present, but I haven't verified that.

Yup! You can't use it to charge it though. Only supply power by plugging it in during a cook.

Right. It might have added a bit of complexity and cost, but it would be nice if the unit used a standard off the shelf ~3,000mAh rechargeable li-on phone battery instead of 4 AA's. Would supply the same or slightly more watt hours of power, and then that included micro-usb port could be used as a charging port for the Block. But that's a pretty minor gripe, and to be honest, would have never crossed my mind if I didn't notice the micro-usb port under the right side of kickstand.

Anyway, I used my Block for the first time yesterday. It worked great. As expected the range of the probes is limited do to Bluetooth. Expecting this played a large roll in my decision to go for the Block when the Kickstarter came out. I wanted the Block's built in Bluetooth to wifi bridge, which works great.

The app is well designed too. Very intuitive.

Right. It might have added a bit of complexity and cost, but it would be nice if the unit used a standard off the shelf ~3,000mAh rechargeable li-on phone battery instead of 4 AA's. Would supply the same or slightly more watt hours of power, and then that included micro-usb port could be used as a charging port for the Block. But that's a pretty minor gripe, and to be honest, would have never crossed my mind if I didn't notice the micro-usb port under the right side of kickstand.

Anyway, I used my Block for the first time yesterday. It worked great. As expected the range of the probes is limited do to Bluetooth. Expecting this played a large roll in my decision to go for the Block when the Kickstarter came out. I wanted the Block's built in Bluetooth to wifi bridge, which works great.

The app is well designed too. Very intuitive.

Absolutely agree! Block resolves any connectivity issues.

Just randomly picked this thread to ask for updates because Sako is a crazy food genius. Who's happy and who's not with the Meater's? I didn't get in on Kickstarter but I'm a pre-order, so just want any info available..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the single too. The problem with it is every time I goto use it it’s dead. It eats batteries even when not in use. Disappointed

Just randomly picked this thread to ask for updates because Sako is a crazy food genius. Who's happy and who's not with the Meater's? I didn't get in on Kickstarter but I'm a pre-order, so just want any info available..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Sooner,

I like it a lot. I'm baffled that is actually does work and work really well. They kick arse on the roti. :clap2:

aR9ym29h.jpg

or roasts

hV50hzih.jpg

I have a MEATER and love it. Is the block worth getting? Thanks

The block is good if you want multiple probes and you can use it stand alone or wifi via your phone. Though IIRC they now have single probes via could?

aW7V7EEh.png

I have the single too. The problem with it is every time I goto use it it’s dead. It eats batteries even when not in use. Disappointed

I stuff a piece of paper or thin cardboard between the battery and the contact. It saves the battery that way. I take it off and let it charge overnight before using it. Only drawback is that there is no charging part and it's battery powered. Not really an issue for me since I don't use thermos all that much expect on briskets, butts. roasts etc.

I stuff a piece of paper or thin cardboard between the battery and the contact. It saves the battery that way. I take it off and let it charge overnight before using it. Only drawback is that there is no charging part and it's battery powered. Not really an issue for me since I don't use thermos all that much expect on briskets, butts. roasts etc.

Thanks for the battery tip !! I like it overall but don’t love it. Another little problem is the ambient temp. The tip doesn’t stick out far enough from the meat to give a true reading. The air surrounding the meat is a different temp than the overall cavity of the grill. The meat temp end of the probea ( internal meat temp ) however is very accurate.

Thanks for the battery tip !! I like it overall but don’t love it. Another little problem is the ambient temp. The tip doesn’t stick out far enough from the meat to give a true reading. The air surrounding the meat is a different temp than the overall cavity of the grill. The meat temp end of the probea ( internal meat temp ) however is very accurate.

Absolutely! What I do since I have so many probes is stick one in a potato or something away from the good to get somewhat a correct reading. Or just use the dome temp on the grill.

Back