Cajun Bandit High Air Flow Ring

sdbbq1234

is Blowin Smoke!
Anybody use the Cajun Bandit High Air Flow ring?

Does it help or improve the coal burning?

Is it worth the money?

Thanks.

wallace

If you have the Gen1 22" WSM and haven't done the charcoal grate riser mod then YES, you do want the ring. It has tabs that rest on the nuts and raises the grate above the vents.

I think its a better design than the stock ring, the grate fits inside it and if you intend to do looong cooks it will hold a 22 lb bag of KBB. I have a bunch of pics but I can't get them to load now.

You can always modify what you have if you want to by just adding L brackets to the ring you have. I have one of the CB and don't notice a big difference.

The center section has a rectangular door opening, the Gen2 is arched.

For those with the Gen1 and are wondering about the mod or the ring:

spacers on the bolt will raise the charcoal grate.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

I wire the grate to the ring for easier handling when emptying.

IMG_1559.jpg

stock ring inside the CB ring

IMG_1558.jpg

hope this helps

If you have the Gen1 22" WSM and haven't done the charcoal grate riser mod then YES, you do want the ring. It has tabs that rest on the nuts and raises the grate above the vents.

I think its a better design than the stock ring, the grate fits inside it and if you intend to do looong cooks it will hold a 22 lb bag of KBB. I have a bunch of pics but I can't get them to load now.

whats the charcoal grate riser mod ?

If you have the Gen1 22" WSM ...
What is a gen 1 22 WSM? I had thought that the gen 1 18 had the round door knob and the gen 2 18 had the oblong door knob and heat shield under the bowl. I also thought that the 22 was introduced in '09 when the oblong door knob was introduced. So I must be wrong about at least some of this.

How do I know what model I have? It is a 22".
I'm curious too. My 22 has a 2014 date code so I'm pretty sure it is the latest generation.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think the only difference, until you get to the 2014 model, is the handles. I believe Gen 2 has some kind of grilling accessory hanger on the end of each handle. We have both, and that is the only difference I can see.

2014 model has the probe grommets.

First photo post #5

What is a gen 1 22 WSM? I had thought that the gen 1 18 had the round door knob and the gen 2 18 had the oblong door knob and heat shield under the bowl. I also thought that the 22 was introduced in '09 when the oblong door knob was introduced. So I must be wrong about at least some of this.

The 22" WSM was introduced in 2009 and people complained of ash clogging the lower vents. The center section has a rectangular door opening. Weber quietly took care of the vent placement and switched to the arched door opening on the center section for 2011.

I'm curious too. My 22 has a 2014 date code so I'm pretty sure it is the latest generation.

Read complete text of post #5 for clarification

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think the only difference, until you get to the 2014 model, is the handles. I believe Gen 2 has some kind of grilling accessory hanger on the end of each handle. We have both, and that is the only difference I can see.

2014 model has the probe grommets.

Gen1 2009-2010 Gen2 2011-present. I noticed the new style handles on my new 26.75" OTG

I have both models.

Back