MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 01-04-2022, 04:25 PM   #1
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Perry's Steakhouse; Franklin, TN

Going to have to check out the fabled pork chop on Friday for lunch....
Report to follow.
Any of you farkers in the area want to meet for lunch?
I have a 11:30am reservation.
22" Weber
Weber Summit SS natural gas
QN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2022, 11:07 AM   #2
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Richard

Based on the amount of snow we have at the moment, I'm not sure this trip is a possibility for me, and may not be for you either. We've had about 6 inches of snow so far, with snow continuing through 5pm, with up to one inch of snow predicted per hour.

Reschedule?
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 04:47 PM   #3
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Based on the amount of snow we have at the moment, I'm not sure this trip is a possibility for me, and may not be for you either. We've had about 6 inches of snow so far, with snow continuing through 5pm, with up to one inch of snow predicted per hour.

Reschedule?
Yep. Cancelled reservation today due to weather. Maybe next Friday?
22" Weber
Old 01-06-2022, 09:54 PM   #4
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Had it a handful of times at the Frisco, TX location. Never disappoints!
Old 01-06-2022, 11:53 PM   #5
LYU370

Hmmm... There's a Perry's the next suburb over from me, only about a 15 minute drive.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:48 AM   #6
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Hmmm... There's a Perry's the next suburb over from me, only about a 15 minute drive.

Go for it - that's a short drive!
Old 01-07-2022, 08:53 AM   #7
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

I have rescheduled my reservation for Perry's in Franklin, TN for Friday, Jan. 14; 11:30am. Weather forecast has temps in the 50's, no snow...
22" Weber
Old 01-12-2022, 03:40 PM   #8
ronbrad62

Name/Nickname : Ron

I was hoping to be there, 95% of me wants to go caveman on that pork chop, but since I am not sure if I am still contagious from getting over covid, 5% of me wants to be cautious because 100% of me would feel bad if someone came down with it. I will eat vicariously through all of you that attend and plan to make it another time.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 11:26 PM   #9
LYU370

So, a request for the BRT (Brethren Reconnaissance Team). Several posts say it's roasted, others say its rotisserie roasted over Pecan smoke.

Does the loin have a hole in it where the spit rod would have gone through?

Also: "Perry’s Famous gluten-free Pork Chop topped with Perry's Signature Steak Butter".

What's the "Steak Butter" taste like? From their online store: "Featuring bleu cheese crumbles, pecorino cheese, Worchestershire, garlic and pepper". Do those flavors come through?

I'm also going to see if I can make it out to the Schaumburg IL location for lunch as well.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-13-2022, 02:09 PM   #10
Moose

Unfortunately, I can't make it tomorrow for lunch in Franklin as I'm onboarding a new client tomorrow.

I do hope we'll get a full report with pics etc!
Thanks from:--->
Old 01-14-2022, 09:33 PM   #11
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
So, a request for the BRT (Brethren Reconnaissance Team). Several posts say it's roasted, others say its rotisserie roasted over Pecan smoke.

Does the loin have a hole in it where the spit rod would have gone through?

Also: "Perry’s Famous gluten-free Pork Chop topped with Perry's Signature Steak Butter".

What's the "Steak Butter" taste like? From their online store: "Featuring bleu cheese crumbles, pecorino cheese, Worchestershire, garlic and pepper". Do those flavors come through?

I'm also going to see if I can make it out to the Schaumburg IL location for lunch as well.
Yes, I say all the flavors listed of the steak butter do come through. There is no hole, the rotisserie has racks, not spits. Smoker is from J&R Mfg. in Mesquite, Texas. Each Perry's location has their own building and smoker and the kitchen/building was built around the smoker; according to our waiter today. My opinion is that the "cure" is actually a brine. The chops are brined in a liquid brine and then smoked 4 to 6 hours with pecan wood for smoke. They are held at temp and seared just prior to serving. The finishing sauce/glaze is not applied until the sear and they will not provide any additional of this sauce/glaze as they say it must be seared on the meat; guys at table next to us asked about this and this is what they were told. Overall, I will not hesitate to go back and get this pork chop again. Entire experience was great from hostess to server, etc. Outstanding restaurant. Pork chop was moist and tender, but I would not call it pullable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220114_114343.jpg (57.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 20220114_114357.jpg (54.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 20220114_114404.jpg (47.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 20220114_114541.jpg (67.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 20220114_115037.jpg (61.1 KB, 60 views)
22" Weber
Old 01-14-2022, 09:37 PM   #12
ronbrad62

I was waiting on this!! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I am looking forward to trying it for myself.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:52 PM   #13
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbrad62 View Post
I was waiting on this!! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I am looking forward to trying it for myself.
We went to the Nashville area location today, but there is also one in Birmingham, AL. Both are about 100 miles from us.
Maybe we need to try to schedule a Friday pork chop lunch bash at one of these locations?
22" Weber
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-15-2022, 08:23 AM   #14
ronbrad62

I like it!! Maybe a winter gathering so no one has to worry about cooking in the cold, just meet and eat.
Old 01-15-2022, 08:26 AM   #15
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by QN View Post
Yes, I say all the flavors listed of the steak butter do come through. There is no hole, the rotisserie has racks, not spits. Smoker is from J&R Mfg. in Mesquite, Texas. Each Perry's location has their own building and smoker and the kitchen/building was built around the smoker; according to our waiter today. My opinion is that the "cure" is actually a brine. The chops are brined in a liquid brine and then smoked 4 to 6 hours with pecan wood for smoke. They are held at temp and seared just prior to serving. The finishing sauce/glaze is not applied until the sear and they will not provide any additional of this sauce/glaze as they say it must be seared on the meat; guys at table next to us asked about this and this is what they were told. Overall, I will not hesitate to go back and get this pork chop again. Entire experience was great from hostess to server, etc. Outstanding restaurant. Pork chop was moist and tender, but I would not call it pullable.

Mark, thanks for the thorough followup report and pictures! From what you and Mike have expressed, this sounds like a dish well worth experiencing.

I wish I had been able to attend, but am certainly up for a meet at the Franklin location in the near future.