The long wait on MAK

I got the pick-up confirmation email yesterday - no tracking number yet. In Sacramento so thinking it’ll just be a couple days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course I log in just after the group buy, couple years away from site. Oh well, I ordered a MAK 2 star on Saturday, said 2-4 weeks. Should I expect 4 weeks?

Guess I’m getting my pre-delivery buyers remorse but does anyone think the Mak over smokes food compares to others? I hate using my oven in the kitchen, especially in the summer and I’m planning on using my 2 Star for damn near everything I cook and I’m worried certain foods will come out bitter.

Guess I’m getting my pre-delivery buyers remorse but does anyone think the Mak over smokes food compares to others? I hate using my oven in the kitchen, especially in the summer and I’m planning on using my 2 Star for damn near everything I cook and I’m worried certain foods will come out bitter.

Been cooking on MAK’s for almost 5 years. Have never over smoked a meal. Much like you plan on doing, I use it as a wood fired oven quite often. The times I have had heavier smoke flavors (still not overpowering) have been when I cooked on a slightly dirty MAK and had a fair amount of grease burning off at the higher temps.

Over smoked?

Not noticed it here.

We do as you describe here, we use it as an outdoor oven, the oven in the kitchen rarely gets used any more...

FedEX just called. No delivery today, crate didn't make it. Try again tomorrow but she said she doubted they would receive the crate before Monday. :sad: Glad I didn't pull a pile out of the freezer.

I received an email from FedEx stating that they were picking up my MAK on 4/16/2021. I haven’t heard anything else, yet.

The FedEx side is bad. I had that same email, and had to contact MAK to get a tracking number. I've still had 0 communication from FedEx, but mine has missed the ETA by 2 days so far, and hasn't moved in 6 days.

It's pretty frustrating. I'm sure the shipping wasn't cheap and had to be built into the cost. Now FedEx just gets to do whatever they want, they already have the item and the money, so why should they care?

The FedEx side is bad. I had that same email, and had to contact MAK to get a tracking number. I've still had 0 communication from FedEx, but mine has missed the ETA by 2 days so far, and hasn't moved in 6 days.

It's pretty frustrating. I'm sure the shipping wasn't cheap and had to be built into the cost. Now FedEx just gets to do whatever they want, they already have the item and the money, so why should they care?

Mine too. I got the tracking number from Caleb and I see shipping exception in Illinois when I looked it up. I called FedEx freight and they sent me to the local distributor who says its on a train on its way here. Have no idea exactly where it is. Waiting on a call to schedule delivery when it appears. Tracking is near useless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, mine is moving again, too. My boss told me yesterday I could 'make up a trip to get out in the field' Even said it doesn't have to be valid, just find something and go where-ever I want. "Can't, waiting on my smoker, don't want to be gone when it's delivered"

Well Friday came and went and no FedEX.....they called and rescheduled for Monday. This morning they called to reschedule for tomorrow but I have work to do so I asked the dispatcher to schedule it for Friday afternoon which she graciously agreed to. So come on Friday!!!!

Well Friday came and went and no FedEX.....they called and rescheduled for Monday. This morning they called to reschedule for tomorrow but I have work to do so I asked the dispatcher to schedule it for Friday afternoon which she graciously agreed to. So come on Friday!!!!

My oh my FedEx... get yo act together!

At least most of them seem to be arriving safe in good condition. Fed Ex was beating the crap out of quite a few Grilla Chimps and damaging them

I still have no idea where mine is. It showed in transit to Austell GA last Friday and no updates since. Still showing scheduled date of last Wednesday, I’ll just live vicariously through those of you who have your grills until such time as mine appears from the ether

I still have no idea where mine is. It showed in transit to Austell GA last Friday and no updates since. Still showing scheduled date of last Wednesday, I’ll just live vicariously through those of you who have your grills until such time as mine appears from the ether

That’s crazy! Have you contacted FedEx?

Their updates have gone to USPS level of bad. Mine was stuck in Salt Lake City for over a week, and then the next update had it about 3 hours away, then it took 3 more days to get here. I still had to call to actually get it scheduled.

Back