THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
I was tasked with providing the Pulled Pork for a Pot Luck get together we were going to. Last Saturday I took a pork butt out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw. Tuesday evening I pulled it out of the fridge and it was still almost completely frozen. Crud! I break out a large stock pot and let it sit in some water for around 4 hours and that did the trick. Got out my rub.

Took the pork butt out and cut off most if the fat cap and poured a little molasses on.

Rubbed that all over

and applied the rubbed. I wrapped this up in plastic wrap and then let it rest in the fridge overnight.

I got up at 6:00 and had the butt on the grill by 6:30 with some peach wood chunks.

After it reached an I.T. of 202 it probed like butter and I placed it into a chafing pan.

I then covered it with foil and placed it in a good cooler and cover with a few towels to let it rest. After approximately 4 hours we needed to go so I pulled the bone out. It was still almost too hot to touch but I pulled a few pieces off to get a pic of the results.

It was a hit! :biggrin1:

20926421419_2ab01efa86_z.jpg

Needless to say the potluck was named in your honor DH... :mrgreen:

That looks great! I'm going to try it. I recently tried horseradish mustard on my pork shoulder. Somebody else uses it for their brisket, which I tried it on. But it was pretty good for the pork butt too.

Back