Oakridge Saigon 21 Rub First Impressions

Ok, folks... I have just authorized a total of 150 pre-production prototype units to be released for early sale from a hidden link on our website. They are being offered at a reduced price, so further coupon discounts will not be allowed -- and only one per customer order please. Here's the link...

https://www.oakridgebbq.com/product/oakridge-bbq-saigon-21-prototype/

:thumb: :thumb:

I snapped a pic of the included info sheet when I opened the package in case anyone needs it

Thank you! My son and his girlfriend really want to try the Pho, they thought the rub smelled amazing. I truly enjoyed it on the thighs we did up this past week, and think it has lots of possibilities for some great cooks.

My bag is almost empty. Last night was a 'what do I do with this pork loin?" and ended up hitting it with Duck Fat and Saigon, then onto the grill. I didn't allow much time for the seasoning to rest before grilling, but it still had a nice flavor. Next time I'll be sure to lit it hangout in the fridge for a while first. We served it with some of the Oakridge Asian Glaze that we had leftover.

Lunch today was the quick Pho Ga using some of pork. Real nice to just simmer the broth/seasoning, and throw in the chopped pork for the final rest.

Attachments

• Pho Prep.jpg
    Pho Prep.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Pho Final.jpg
    Pho Final.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 95
My bag is almost empty. Last night was a 'what do I do with this pork loin?" and ended up hitting it with Duck Fat and Saigon, then onto the grill. I didn't allow much time for the seasoning to rest before grilling, but it still had a nice flavor. Next time I'll be sure to lit it hangout in the fridge for a while first. We served it with some of the Oakridge Asian Glaze that we had leftover.

Lunch today was the quick Pho Ga using some of pork. Real nice to just simmer the broth/seasoning, and throw in the chopped pork for the final rest.

Um.... Yes please....:hungry:

Whoops, was looking up recipes. Apparently the Ga in 'pho ga' means chicken. So...I didn't make pho ga, heh.

I did make delicious, though. I stand by that part.

Thanks for everyone's participation and awesome feedback!! Each and every one of you played a key role in determining the final recipe blend! The salt was punched up just a touch, the Jalapeno was also dialed up just a little bit, and a couple other small tweaks. :icon_shy :icon_shy

Which, by the way, was released last week (in case you missed it)... If you do stop by the website, don't forget about your exclusive BBQ Brethren discount code brethren10.

Oakridge-BBQ-Saigon-21-Experimental-Limited-Edition-front.jpg

https://www.oakridgebbq.com/product/oakridge-bbq-saigon-21/

:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks!

Ordered mine last week! Thanks Mike! Didn't know about the brethren code but will remember for next time!

Thanks Mike. I still say you have the best rubs and packaging in the business!

Thanks Mike, I just made my first order of the Saigon rub and am really looking forward to trying it out!

I also resupplied my stock of SPOGOS and Granulated Garlic because I'm running low.

Showed up today and I had to try immediately. Into the wok it goes. Marinaded chicken breast with sesame oil, dark soy sauce and Saigon, added carrots, mushrooms, pea pods, garlic and spring onion. Very good! Has that five spice flavor. Perfect with this dish, thanks Mike.

Attachments

• 5B07F0B3-47E6-4240-8731-F2169A4DFF41.jpg
    5B07F0B3-47E6-4240-8731-F2169A4DFF41.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 9782BED0-88F6-4AE4-83B7-D49B0AF8A9AD.jpg
    9782BED0-88F6-4AE4-83B7-D49B0AF8A9AD.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 34
  • C9BAA1FE-D7B1-494B-929E-2F01500F145F.jpg
    C9BAA1FE-D7B1-494B-929E-2F01500F145F.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 34
Back