How Many Times in a Row Have You Eaten the Same BBQ Meat and Enjoyed It? I'm Up to Four :)

Got plenty of freezer space since no longer hunting so am quick to vac pack leftovers.

I never even thought of pulling brisket. That's a great idea! Does it pull just like pork? Is the point or flat better for this, or the same?

It's awesome. Was suggested in a thread here that I pull it for a Super Bowl party I was hosting as it is easier to eat. It was a huge success and I've been doing it this way ever since due to the leftovers generally being better on the reheat. It basically pulls like pork and then I pour all the juice left in the foil over it. The pulled meat soaks it all up and helps keep it moist for reheating.

The point is always the best part; however, the point gets mixed in with the flat after pulling and mixing it all together so every trip back into the bag includes both.

In the spirit of this thread, here is the brisket, then pulled, and then last night's leftovers: smoked all beef hot links topped with cheddar and the pulled brisket. Prior to pulling it, I took a strip off the top with my hands, hence the split in the whole brisket picture.

Attachments

• 6-18 Brisket.jpg
    6-18 Brisket.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 6-18 Pull.jpg
    6-18 Pull.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Brisket Dog 1.jpg
    Brisket Dog 1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Brisket Dog 2.jpg
    Brisket Dog 2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 67
Damn, Smitty... That 9 is a lot of perseverance, must be some killer que. I think that 4 or 5 is about tops for me. And, I really like me some pulled pork and baby back ribs.

It's awesome. Was suggested in a thread here that I pull it for a Super Bowl party I was hosting as it is easier to eat. It was a huge success and I've been doing it this way ever since due to the leftovers generally being better on the reheat. It basically pulls like pork and then I pour all the juice left in the foil over it. The pulled meat soaks it all up and helps keep it moist for reheating.

The point is always the best part; however, the point gets mixed in with the flat after pulling and mixing it all together so every trip back into the bag includes both.

In the spirit of this thread, here is the brisket, then pulled, and then last night's leftovers: smoked all beef hot links topped with cheddar and the pulled brisket. Prior to pulling it, I took a strip off the top with my hands, hence the split in the whole brisket picture.

This looks RIDICULOUS in the best possible sense of that word. Wow. I am totally trying this next brisket I smoke. Heck, I have a smoked point in the fridge from Saturday....maybe I'll do this tomorrow for dinner! After that, I might try mixing it with pulled pork and checking out that combo! All kinds of possibilities you've got me started on here.

I had Kettle Fried chicken breast on Monday, and smoked thighs last night. Different cooks, but it's as close as I come.

I can only eat the same BBQ meat the day of and the next day, typically. Then I vacuum seal and freeze everything so I can have nearly instant barbecue whenever I want for a while. The only exception to this, on occasion, would be baby back ribs. Sometimes I just seem to not be able to get enough of them. My longest streak ever with those was four days.

That looks delicious!!!:clap: Brisket would be good that way, but IMnotalwaysHO, unless you catch it on sale, use a cheaper cut than brisket if you want to have pulled beef. Chuck roasts have good fat and flavor for less $$.

I can eat pulled pork for days. I will even eat it out of a bowl with some finishing sauce and cheap store bought slaw. No bun required.

The wife (who wouldn't touch pulled pork 10 years ago), will now just stand with fridge door open eating it cold out of the container.
I'll at least exercise enough restraint to give it a minute in the microwave first...:wink:

That looks delicious!!!:clap: Brisket would be good that way, but IMnotalwaysHO, unless you catch it on sale, use a cheaper cut than brisket if you want to have pulled beef. Chuck roasts have good fat and flavor for less $$.

I've done the pepper stout pulled beef one time using the chuck roast. The choice chuck roast, at fewer #s, cost me more than the prime brisket would have cost me. This was last fall, but the brisket was somewhere between $2.99 - $3.29 and chuck was significantly more. I went with the chuck anyways because that was what the recipe called for and kind of felt stupid paying more for it, but I feel stupid a lot so no big deal!

As for the brisket and sausages, that was Sunday's lunch/dinner. I've since had the brisket 2x for lunch and every night since. At least one hot link at dinner as well every night. I simply pound the leftovers every night until they are gone, as does my girlfriend. She's more adventurous though as she has tackled pulled pork that has been in the fridge for nearly two weeks.

She's still alive!

Back