MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
zombie barbecue2
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Meadow Creek and Digital blower advice.

I recently bought a meadow creek TS250 and I am wondering if competitors out there are using a Guru, Stoker or other device to give them better temperature control and longer burn time. Please elaborate on your system and experience. I am weighing my options and would love some other input.

Thanks,

Chris
Zombie Barbecue
[email protected]

Old 01-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
butt head
is one Smokin' Farker

I bought the 250 last year and thought about that to but i don't see the need. I get good temp control and burn times as is. just my thoughts

meadow creek ts250- w/ 42 chicken cooker
butt head is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
zombie barbecue2
Knows what a fatty is.

Butt Head,

How long did you have between coal and or wood additions. Looking to get some sleep after putting the brisket and butts on. I've cooked on a friends TS120 and I was always the overnight guy. What do you burn? Coal / Wood?

Old 01-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

I had a guru on my offset. Between the air leakage and the undersized fire box you didn't gain very much.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
butt head
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie barbecue2 View Post
Butt Head,

How long did you have between coal and or wood additions. Looking to get some sleep after putting the brisket and butts on. I've cooked on a friends TS120 and I was always the overnight guy. What do you burn? Coal / Wood?
I do coal to start with some wood on top then add wood as needed. I'm getting about 2-2 1/2 hours before adding wood and holding 240 constent
this smoker has cut my cooking time in half becouse of consistancy of temps

meadow creek ts250- w/ 42 chicken cooker
butt head is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
bosshawgs
Knows what a fatty is.

i have the same smoker and was wondering the samething .by the way check you temp guages mine were way off
bosshawgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
zombie barbecue2
Knows what a fatty is.

yes mine are way off. What is the best way to correct. I got her going and hit 250. Thought it felt a bit hot. I put in my digital maverick and low and behold, it was 340 degrees.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

My gauge is off too, don't know if you can calibrate them though, I just use my maverick and barely look at the lid thermo on my SQ36

Tags
Competition, Guru, Meadow Creek, Stoker