MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #61
Lighter-Fluid
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

This needs a little bump!

Reservations made for the trip out and back! Get to see our grand in Ft Worth, spend some time with a great bunch of Brethern, and Mike, see old friends and make some new! Can't wait! Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Thanks from: --->

Old 03-08-2020, 11:10 PM   #62
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

who's bringing the CoronaVirus........? or Now known as Corbid19............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqrQCNbdqsk

Old 03-12-2020, 08:23 PM   #63
SmittyJonz

Old 03-12-2020, 08:33 PM   #64
Bacchus2b
is One Chatty Farker

March is typically my busiest time of the year for business travel, UNTIL CORONAVIRUS!!!

All of my travel/conferences for the next two months as of today have been cancelled, so I may need to come hang out with you fine folks!!!

It's been three year's since the last one I attended, and my GSD puppy I brought last time is now a 92 pound monster with an appreciation for the finer points of BBQ.
Cookshack FEC-100
Weber Summit 420 Gasser
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26" Kettle
PK Classic Grill
Bacchus2b is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #65
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus2b View Post
March is typically my busiest time of the year for business travel, UNTIL CORONAVIRUS!!!

All of my travel/conferences for the next two months as of today have been cancelled, so I may need to come hang out with you fine folks!!!

It's been three year's since the last one I attended, and my GSD puppy I brought last time is now a 92 pound monster with an appreciation for the finer points of BBQ.

I'll bring the Purell! Come on down!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-13-2020, 03:49 PM   #66
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Hotch

So, pretty much if the parking lot is not under 6' of water, I'll see you at the Bash!
P.S bring your own TP!!

The 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Invite Post (Link)

The 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning Thread! (Link)

Hotch is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #67
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
So, pretty much if the parking lot is not under 6' of water, I'll see you at the Bash!
P.S bring your own TP!!
And your guns. You might get jacked for that tp!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2020, 04:35 PM   #68
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

We poured tequila shots in glasses instead of drinking out of the Cabo bottle the year Ebola was in Dallas. I remember peeps suggesting it.

Can't recall the year but Bill and Jo flew down for it.

Now I gotta look it up.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2020, 04:46 PM   #69
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

It was Fall 2014 at Lake Ray Roberts (the next year we starting doing Fall bashes at Belton Lake).

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...193221&page=27
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ebola free Cabo.jpg (66.2 KB, 63 views)

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #70
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

I think Solo has some nice red ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-13-2020, 06:14 PM   #71
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

I just received this from our friends at Texas State Parks:
(I’ll have the permit)

Texas State Parks Visitors,

We appreciate your loyalty and trust. With the uncertain and evolving health situation in the U.S., our highest priority is the health and well-being of our visitors, volunteers and employees.

Texas State Parks are open, and our staff is ready to welcome you for the day or for overnight stays. Outdoor spaces are well suited to increased social distance, but we still must remain diligent in taking steps to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible.

Here’s how you can help:
Print your day-use and camping permits before your visit to a state park. You can even print permits for reservations made through the call center. This will help reduce or eliminate time spent in the park office to check in. Simply log in to your account and select “Pre-Registration & Site Permits” for camping reservations, or “Print Tickets & Daily Entrance” for day use. Then follow instructions on the page. Please note that it takes up to 24 hours for new camping reservations to be available for at-home printing.

Pack extra soap or hand sanitizer. Park restrooms have soap or hand sanitizer. However, due to increased use or at remote locations, soap or sanitizer may not always be available.

If you have been sick in the last two weeks, please stay at home for your health and the safety of others.

Additional information on best practices for keeping you and your family safe can be found online at the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Here’s what we are doing:
If you feel cancelling your stay is the safest choice, we will waive cancellation fees for visits in March. To cancel without fees, contact our Customer Service Center at (512) 389-8900 or email customer service.

We are implementing additional cleaning procedures, such as cleaning restrooms and other public areas more often.

We are monitoring the situation. We promise to remain diligent and intentional in protecting you and making your visit a great experience.

Please visit our website for more information and our latest updates.

Sincerely,

Rodney Franklin
Rodney Franklin
Texas State Parks Director

Old 03-13-2020, 06:38 PM   #72
SmokeRingsMatter
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Poppy Pellet Pooper

I don't live in, or near Texas, but i strongly advise anyone to avoid large gatherings for at least a 30 days. I am sure my opinion means nothing to those involved, but life is more important then pleasure. Keep in mind, people will travel from all parts of the world, and incubation period is 14 days with no signs of infection.
SmokeRingsMatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #73
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeRingsMatter View Post
I don't live in, or near Texas, but i strongly advise anyone to avoid large gatherings for at least a 30 days. I am sure my opinion means nothing to those involved, but life is more important then pleasure. Keep in mind, people will travel from all parts of the world, and incubation period is 14 days with no signs of infection.

Thanks for your concerns.
I’ll be there and the Shirley will be rolling. Each of us can make the choice to attend or not. I just believe the risk is extremely low given the location and mostly I have faith that if someone is sick they will do the right thing and stay home. I trust the Brethen.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #74
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
Thanks for your concerns.
I’ll be there and the Shirley will be rolling. Each of us can make the choice to attend or not. I just believe the risk is extremely low given the location and mostly I have faith that if someone is sick they will do the right thing and stay home. I trust the Brethen.

I speak strictly for me but I've had 63 trips around the sun. This current stuff has not changed my day to day in any way. I've seen much worse. As long as my Compadres are willing I'll be there. Looking forward to it!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2020, 09:12 PM   #75
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeRingsMatter View Post
If you don't attend the 2020 BBQ Brethren Texas Spring Bash... The terrorists win. And yes, I'm looking into coming down to Texas.

My daily routine didn't change after 9/11 and it won't change now. Just be sensible in what you do and WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS!

And to everyone that is stockpiling toilet paper, bottled water & tortillas of all things. I hope you are also stockpiling condoms, because the sane people in this world do not want you to reproduce.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bash, Spring Bash, Texas Bash, Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash