BBQ Brethren Exclusive! -- Oakridge BBQ New Prototype Give-Away!!

That’s a nice sounding combination of spices, unfortunately all the samples seem to be all gone :-( it’ll be good to see it in the stores down here in Australia one day.

Any chance you'd post a recipe or general concept of how you've used this for pho?

Sure, no problem J. Here's the basic Pho recipe:

Quick & Easy Pho Ga (Vietnamese chicken noodle soup): This recipe is for one serving. To upscale, just multiply measurements/ingredients by the number of servings desired. The time does not change.

1 box (32 oz) Swanson No Salt Added Chicken Stock (do not substitute other kind, and make sure you get the STOCK and not broth)
1 boneless/skinless chicken breast (around 6-8 oz)
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Saigon 21 seasoning
Bahn Pho rice noodles (thin vermicelli size)

Empty entire box chicken stock into medium sauce pan with 1 level Tablespoon Saigon 21 seasoning. Bring to low boil. As soon as low boil is achieved, start 25 minute timer and reduce heat to keep at low boil. Wait 5 minutes. At 20 minutes remaining, gently place chicken breast into stock. Turn heat up to quickly resume low boil. When pot returns to low boil, reduce heat to prevent rapid boil. Now prepare rice noodles per package instructions. They should be cool and rinsed/drained before timer goes to zero. At end of time, with tongs remove chicken breast and check internal temp (should be at least 165º inside) – kill the heat. Set chicken aside to cool while you add 1 teaspoon Saigon 21 to stock, stir and cover with tight fitting lid. Now, shred the chicken breast with two forks into small to medium shreds. Place rinsed/drained rice noodles in bottom of large bowl, top with shredded chicken then ladle hot stock into bowl until noodles and chicken are fully covered. Garnish bowl with additional pinch of Saigon 21.

:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks!

So far, I haven't found a protein or cooking style that hasn't just flat out worked awesome with the new rub...

But, my favorite so far isn't even bbq or grilling related.

Does anyone here know what Pho Ga is?... This stuff makes killer pho.

Thank you sir! Pho is exactly what I had in mind for this!

Just received an email that my package has shipped! Looking forward to trying this new rub on my new MAK when I get the MAK.

Yes, mine has been shipped as well, and I'm very excited! :clap2:

For the record, even if I did have a MAK coming I probably wouldn't put it on the MAK, though. :loco:

I'm thinking I'll season some nuts with the rub and perhaps smoke them. Also thinking about using it on some chicken which I will grill up.

Yes, mine has been shipped as well, and I'm very excited! :clap2:

For the record, even if I did have a MAK coming I probably wouldn't put it on the MAK, though. :loco:

I'm thinking I'll season some nuts with the rub and perhaps smoke them. Also thinking about using it on some chicken which I will grill up.

Yes!!

Mine is on the way too. I'm thinking chicken wings as a test cook but I'm not going to just sprinkle the rub on. :heh: I have an idea.

And Bob,

You have patience. I'm ripping that bag open as soon as I receive it.

I'm just kicking ideas around with CINCHOUSE for next weekend (or whenever it can happen)...

... chicken wings.... fatty.... ribs...

I can only assume that this is gone since the page says out of stock.

Thanks for offering this.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Wow the ingredients sound great, I can see some wings getting a good shake or 3 , will keep a eye out for when it goes into the lineup and is available

Back