Jasper Strassenfest Barbeque Contest

ov1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The Jasper Strassenfest Barbeque Contest just received sanctioning from KCBS this week, and we are waiting for the State Championship proclamation from the Governor. The event will be July 31-August 1 in Jasper, IN. This is our first year for the event and hope for a good turn out. Mark it on your calenders and we hope to see some Brethren teams represent.
icon7.gif

Ottie

Strassenfest means street fest! It is a celebration of the towns German heritage. Who would have thought people would buy into the idea of drinking beer and celebrating for a few days in a row!:wink:

Thanks for the offer SaucyWench. If you and anyone else who is interested in judging could send me a PM I will get your information and put you on the list. I am in the process of getting the competitors entry forms and the judges applications made and will inform everyone when they are complete.

Ottie

Let me know when ready. I am going to try to hit all of the Indiana contests this year. I can be in Jasper in 2 hours, so I will most definitely be looking forward to that one!

UMM! Beer drinking and BBQing - I think you may just be able to pull it off
icon7.gif

I finally got a confirmation from the Governors office today and our Contest will be a State Championship so I will have the entry form available soon.

Ottie

I finally got a confirmation from the Governors office today and our Contest will be a State Championship so I will have the entry form available soon.

Ottie

Great - We look forward to cooking & drinking in Jasper!!

Back