• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Monday Butt (photo)

J

JP

I just love it when the bone slides right out. I strained off some Stubbs pork marinade and injected it with the clean juice, then rubbed the outside with the rest of the marinade. It has a spicy kick to it. It's late so Im going to pull it manana.

dsc00360gd8.jpg

I strained off some Stubbs pork marinade and injected it with the clean juice, then rubbed the outside with the rest of the marinade. It has a spicy kick to it.

I've thought of doing that same thing. Other than "spicy," how is the taste? Would it please a crowd of family/friends? My wife really likes the pork tenderloins I marinade in Stubbs, so I'm thinking of trying this soon.

Nice butt. :tongue:

Sweet! I haven't cooked in a couple of weeks...Got some Prime Rib in the freezer and I think it's gonna hit the WSM this weekend for sure!

great looking butt. You injected after cooking? Never thought of that!
t

Yeah I agree nice color , and I also think it's cool when the bone slides out..:lol:

Ok, we just got to it now. The taste is awesome. A little kick, but sweet at the same time. I slathered my sandwich with KFC slaw, a bit of Famous Dave's Georgia Mustard and Texas Pit sauce on a cheap hamburger bun. Whoa boy!

The strained off stubbs definately works good for those who want to try. You won't regret it. Needless to say, my co-workers are loving me.

I tried the same method with Stubbs beef marinade and brisket. The team really liked it, but the judges didn't. I guess it was too spicy for them.

Going to have to try the stubs trick. I normally do mine in an eastern Carolina style with a cider vinegar sauce and an injection and rub that complements.

I have been experimenting with different options for eventual competitions and no one in my review team thinks as highly of them as of my tried and true so far.

Back