High Plains Pies - Ongoing w/ Pr0N

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Here's to the start of a wonderful relationship...

Our new UUNI 3 Pizza Oven just arrived.

HcFvV4dh.jpg

I also added a bag of oak pellets from the manufacturer, to get us started.

OS6ELc2h.jpg

Unable to get 00 flour out here in the sticks or in Amarillo, TX (surprise!). Looks like we'll have to try another recipe or two until we can import already imported goods of most import... or something like that.

Watched one of these in action in Afghanistan early this fall... even managed to snag a slice from someone more deserving. Pretty impressive, considering the situation and location. Decided then and there to pull the trigger.

More to come - Input / thoughts / ideas / links are always welcomed and appreciated.

Kind regards,
Shadow

King Arthur bread flour is a good substitute for Caputo 00 flour if you can find it.

Looking forward to checking out your new pizza cooker!

King Arthur bread flour is a good substitute for Caputo 00 flour if you can find it.

Looking forward to checking out your new pizza cooker!

Wheat Montana Natural White All-Purpose Flour is pretty good, too. It's a cut above King Arthur, imho. My local Sprouts stocks it.

If you’ve got Amazon, you can have Caputo!

Thanks, folks. I'm sure we'll go the Amazon route (as we do for most things... or so it feels). I appreciate the temp solution/suggestion and the link direct to the good stuff.

More to follow. Coffee, breakfast, and some shopping first.

Ran my errands to the hardware store (needed a torch to help get this baby going - I liked that option in the videos I watched) and grocery (pizza makin' stuff - duh).

Whipped out an old folding table and put it on the porch. I'm a little concerned about the temp under the oven, but I think I'll put a large sheet pan under the firebox end to help mitigate some risk.

She's a pretty thing.

Fz8pxvJh.jpg

I decided to fire her up and cook off any lubricants and whatnot from the manufacturing process.

z0V9SRQh.jpg

qRuSJ0uh.jpg

ST9gydeh.jpg

I think the inside got a little "overcooked" on this firing, but that's OK. 950F! Shazam!

dGSZMQdh.jpg

Went inside to make TanTanMen for lunch.

More to follow.

Last edited:
Looks good! I love peekng into the cook chamber and seeing those flames licking over the top :thumb:

Last edited:
Back