flex

Reaction score
I bought a new 24x48 off set smoker with a vertical smoker/ warming box attached to it from Lonestar grillz five months ago. When it arrived to my house it was wrapped in card board boxes and surran wrap. As I was taking it all off, I noticed the smoker stack was broken, it had deep scratches on the back of the vertical smoker, and main chamber, as well as a bent leg. I notified the company, and sent them all of the pictures of the smoker, as it was being unwrapped. I even called that same night to tell them of the situation, but they were already closed. After talking to the owner and emailing him all the pictures, I was promised that I would get reimbursed for all of the damages on the smoker, done by apparently the shipping company. He assured me that the shipping was insured and it would be fixed, even if he had to pay for it out of his own pocket. Well... needless to say, after months of trying to get reimbursed for the damages, I haven't got a dime. My phone calls are not being returned, nor my emails. So I would not ever suggest for anyone to buy anything from them, or trust them. I am out of my $3000.00 dollars, and hate my smoker. Please don't be a victim to them also. Thanks.

I bought a new 24x48 off set smoker with a vertical smoker/ warming box attached to it from Lonestar grillz five months ago. When it arrived to my house it was wrapped in card board boxes and surran wrap. As I was taking it all off, I noticed the smoker stack was broken, it had deep scratches on the back of the vertical smoker, and main chamber, as well as a bent leg. I notified the company, and sent them all of the pictures of the smoker, as it was being unwrapped. I even called that same night to tell them of the situation, but they were already closed. After talking to the owner and emailing him all the pictures, I was promised that I would get reimbursed for all of the damages on the smoker, done by apparently the shipping company. He assured me that the shipping was insured and it would be fixed, even if he had to pay for it out of his own pocket. Well... needless to say, after months of trying to get reimbursed for the damages, I haven't got a dime. My phone calls are not being returned, nor my emails. So I would not ever suggest for anyone to buy anything from them, or trust them. I am out of my $3000.00 dollars, and hate my smoker. Please don't be a victim to them also. Thanks.

If you paid them for the shipping, then it falls on him as he was the shipping agent and should have filed an insurance claim with the shipper.

If you paid the shipper directly, then you need to file the claim with the shipper.

Also if the item was purchased and shipped across state lines you can file a complaint with the Interstate Commerce Commission found in the federal listings of your phone book.

As Trumostylz says also call the Better Business Bureau .....

Boy that's crap man, so they don't even answer the phone when you call, have you called from different numbers? Go on yelp and post a bad review hell post a bad review wherever you can and call BBB and let them know what these turds are doing, I hope they make it right but if it's been months those farkers have moved on which sucks.

MadMan is correct, was too busy to type it all out.
There are tools for this. And if they are refusing to make good on a defective product (if the shipping box was not damaged, for example) that would be fraud. And at 3G it is a felony.

That's insane....most small business is dependent on not one sale.....but MANY. Happy customers that swear by their purchased product (Klose, Gator, Lang) and testify on places like this board lead to more sales.......I would say from your post they won't get any business from any of the reading bretheren.....IMHO.....:evil:

I decided to google them and see what their website looked like, I'm not in the market for another smoker. Imagine my surprise when I got to the bottom of their home page and saw a huge ad for "BBQ Brethren"

There are more than one outfit calling themselves Lonestar grills... which one are you referring to?

As the owner of Lone Star Grillz I feel I must chime in and give my side of the story. About all thats true in the original post is that the smoker was damaged in transit from Texas to California. Some of the damage occured when the customer tried rolling the smoker off the crate (I wasnt there so not sure how much happened then or during the shipment) That being said we immediately shipped a replacement smoke stack handle, wheel, and touch up paint (fixing everything that was damaged) to make his smoker usable until we sorted out the claims process. The reason the claimes process has been drug out so long is because the damage wasnt noted at the time of delivery but instead several days later. His claim was actually denied 3-4 times because of that reason (he was told to make sure and note any damage at the time of receipt). However within the last 4 weeks they have agreed to pay out the claim provided he and I could justify the damages that were claimed. I have sent my documents and so has my freight broker, both of us have tried contacting him to get his supporting documents stating his touch up painting costs. All our attempts have gone unanswered. I share his frustration that our product didn't arrive in pristine condition but given the fact that it wasn't noted on the shipping documents at the time of receipt and or it wasn't refused we are doing all we can for him but he has to help us in order to get this wrapped up. The last time the customer and I spoke on the phone he wasn't going to be satisfied until I refunded his shipping costs for his troubles and I will gladly do that if he can help get the info we need to get this claim check cut. I am most upset about the claim that we havent responed to his calls or emails, we have never dodged anyone for any reason and have wanted nothing more than to get this situation resolved for him, customer service and customer satisfaction are our top priorities.

Thanks
Chris
Lone Star Grillz

As the owner of Lone Star Grillz I feel I must chime in and give my side of the story. About all thats true in the original post is that the smoker was damaged in transit from Texas to California. Some of the damage occured when the customer tried rolling the smoker off the crate (I wasnt there so not sure how much happened then or during the shipment) That being said we immediately shipped a replacement smoke stack handle, wheel, and touch up paint (fixing everything that was damaged) to make his smoker usable until we sorted out the claims process. The reason the claimes process has been drug out so long is because the damage wasnt noted at the time of delivery but instead several days later. His claim was actually denied 3-4 times because of that reason (he was told to make sure and note any damage at the time of receipt). However within the last 4 weeks they have agreed to pay out the claim provided he and I could justify the damages that were claimed. I have sent my documents and so has my freight broker, both of us have tried contacting him to get his supporting documents stating his touch up painting costs. All our attempts have gone unanswered. I share his frustration that our product didn't arrive in pristine condition but given the fact that it wasn't noted on the shipping documents at the time of receipt and or it wasn't refused we are doing all we can for him but he has to help us in order to get this wrapped up. The last time the customer and I spoke on the phone he wasn't going to be satisfied until I refunded his shipping costs for his troubles and I will gladly do that if he can help get the info we need to get this claim check cut. I am most upset about the claim that we havent responed to his calls or emails, we have never dodged anyone for any reason and have wanted nothing more than to get this situation resolved for him, customer service and customer satisfaction are our top priorities.

Thanks
Chris
Lone Star Grillz

Like BBQBull says, 2 sides to every story....

Mod Request : Now that both sides have shared their take on what transpired to date, it is suggested that this matter be handled privately (either phone, e-mail or use of our PM) It is requested that others uninvolved don't pile on as it will have little, if any value.

Lone Star Grillz

After posting this comment, I received a phone call from Chris Goodlander, owner of Lone Star Grillz, stating he will reimburse me for the damages done by the shipping company (not me). I am glad we can finally get this resolved, and continue to do business together. Thank you all for your support, and I will continue to keep you all posted.

Back