• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Enchiladas de Cochinita Pibil

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Remember this cook?

Well I had quite a few leftovers from it so I thawed a package out to make some enchiladas. I started out by making up a rojo sauce. Here are most of the ingredients:

Stemmed and seeded the Guajillo chili’s and then place in 3 cups of water to re-hydrate.

While that was happening I sliced up half an onion and two tomatoes.

I placed the guajillo chili’s, onion and tomatoes in the blender and took them for a spin. I then added the rest of the ingredients and transferred to a sauce pan. Brought it to a boil and then let it simmer for 30 minutes.

After the sauce was done I took half a package of Cochinite Pibil and placed it in a bowl with some onion. I covered this and reheated.

I then setup my work space to roll the enchiladas and dip a warmed tortilla in the sauce

on both sides

I placed it in the baking vessel and added cheese and Cochinita Pibil mixture.

And roll

Once the baking vessel is full I placed them in the pre-heated (to 300) kamado.

After 10 minutes, add cheese on top and continue to bake for another 5 minutes.

Here they are plated with rice, beans and a nice cerveza.

Here’s the Money Shot.

It was good! :becky:

Thanks for looking.

Enchiladas are my favorite comfort food. Can I move in?? I can sleep under your porch:thumb:

Enchiladas are my favorite comfort food. Can I move in?? I can sleep under your porch:thumb:
Thank you Bludawg. You can't move in but the house a few doors down is for sale if you want to be my neighbor. :becky:

Back