HELP! How do I enter a BBQ Brethren Throwdown? (and other questions)

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Every now and then someone either posts this question or sends it to me via PM. I thought it might be a good idea to make this a sticky just in case anyone ever has this question but doesn't want to ask.

How the Throwdowns Work
All of the Throwdown threads are grouped under a single subforum, The BBQ Brethren Throwdowns.

At the top of that subforum are the "stickied" posts, which are all of the currently active threads, including the current Throwdown(s) in progress.

To enter a Throwdown, your entry must first follow the RULES. To enter, simply make a post in the Throwdown ENTRY thread you wish to enter, and include in that post any pics/description you have for your entry. You can specify the pic you want used for voting, otherwise I will choose for you. You must post this during the period of time that the Throwdown is accepting entries of course.

Once the post is in there, that's all you need to do to enter the Throwdown.

When a Throwdown is over and it is time to vote, I go through the thread from beginning to end to make sure I get everyone's entries, and put together the voting thread using those entries.

The voting period lasts 5-6 days, ending on the following Sunday.

When the voting period is over, the winner will be announced, along with details of what the winner is entitled to for their win. Each winner is eligible to receive a Throwdown Certificate (although I'm not always the best at making those), and many (but not all) get to choose the next category.

The only Throwdowns which the winner does not get to choose the next category for are "SPECIAL Throwdowns". The regular weekly Throwdowns always allow the winner to pick the next category.

If anyone has any other questions, please post them here and either I or one of the regular Throwdown Whack-A-Doodles will be along shortly to answer your questions.

Last edited:
You must post this during the period of time that the Throwdown is accepting entries of course.

Actually, the entry must also be cooked during the "In Progress" period, too. You can't enter that perfect cook you did last summer.

CD

Well, there is the first Whack-a-doodle.

Also, a picture is necessary for a Throwdown entry, while this is not a requirement on any other post on the Brethren, the Throwdowns are a photo contest, unless Bigabyte changes the rules.

Back