Another point, the last three entries are all very good, but according to the rules posted, the entry must be submitted by 12/31/2010. Although cooked within the time frame of the throwdown they were not submitted until 2011 as seen on the time of their post. Just saying.

Another point, the last three entries are all very good, but according to the rules posted, the entry must be submitted by 12/31/2010. Although cooked within the time frame of the throwdown they were not submitted until 2011 as seen on the time of their post. Just saying.

I think it is cooked by 12/31/2010 and submitted by midnight on 1/2/2011.

I received a request from someone who would begin cooking today, but would not be finished until after midnight. So, as long as you begin cooking it today, and post your pictures by the deadline (Midnight Central US Time on January 2nd), then your entry will count.

Grrrrr. More competition!

I'm cool with it. Glad to see more entries. :-D

2 questions for sawyerr10:

1. if you win, can we have the recipe for the sauce?

2. if you don't win, can we have the recipe for the sauce?

seriously - looks awesome - i wanna cook a whole pig soon. cooking little pieces of them sure is fun but it doesn't get much better than a pig pickin'.

GTR here ya go:

We use a very simple sauce...
Apple Cider Vinegar
Red Pepper
White Pepper
Black Pepper
Brown Sugar

Sorry we don't measure i'ts a feel sort of thing. If you want it really hot, add more red pepper, really sweet more brown sugar

We make it a mild slightly sweet sauce. The key is to let the vinegar mixture simmer for a while, letting it cook down.

Once we start putting it on the pork, we mix it in and let it simmer on the meat for a while, allowing the remainder of the fat and collogen in the meats to mix with the sauce... the longer the better.

That's it in a nutshell, a good place to start is 1 gal of vinegar, and 4 Tablespoons of each pepper and about 1 cup of the brown sugar, adjusting to taste as you go. Again the key is letting it simmer both in the pot and on the meat. Works grreat on whole hog and Boston Butts.

Damn that sounds good! Gotcha on the measuring thing. Thanks a lot!

I stand corrected, I should have looked further.
You know, had I been thinking (like that ever happens), I could have updated the rules in the opening post when I made that rule change.:rolleyes: Sorry about the confusion.

Back