MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 05-18-2021, 08:15 AM   #1
Biggenz
Found some matches.

Default Sliced chicken breast and hold?

I have an event coming up that the client is instant on smoked sliced boneless skinless chicken breast. I typically use thighs and have not tried with breasts. What’s the best method to smoke slice and hold them so they aren’t dried out?
Biggenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

If I had to do it, if possible I'd slice to order, and hold in chicken broth. If you have to pre slice, I would also hold in chicken broth to keep it moist.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:40 PM   #3
GrillBillie_D
Full Fledged Farker

Have you tried boneless skinless thighs? I use them all the time and most people think it is breast meat. As suggested, hold in either broth or melted butter
GrillBillie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 10:03 PM   #4
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

Get 6 or 8oz breasts, cut them in halves or thirds, shingle them in the pan with a liltle chx stock and hold them. Just because they want sliced, doesnt mean they can tell you how thick to slice them.
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:30 PM   #5
Concept Que
On the road to being a farker

I just saw this and I'm sure your event is over but if you get the request in the future this might help. I brine the chicken breasts (yes they are boneless, skinless as well) first for about 45mins. in a simple brine of 1/2c kosher salt, 1/2c sugar and 1g of water. We thin slice the chicken and serve it as a bbq chicken sandwich with bacon, cheddar cheese and lettuce and our customers love it. Haven't had one complaint (knock on wood) that it's been dry.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #6
PitPirateBBQ
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : PitPirateDanny

This is an excellent question. With that Brine, can I do it over night? I am doing an event this weekend for 120 and need to do 30 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts. I was going to brine them overnight, then start my cook on site 2 hours before serving time.
Is brining overnight too much?
PitPirateBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:07 PM   #7
JS-TX
is Blowin Smoke!

Depending on how much salt is in your brine, yes it can be too much. A typical brine of 3/4 cup of salt (plus sugar and other stuff) to a gallon of water would be ok for about 4 hours max IMO. Even this may be too much for some people, but if you have time to experiment, go for it.
JS-TX is offline   Reply With Quote