Pork Loin Roast - cook to what temp?

markrvp

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've got a 4 pound pork loin roast on the smoker. The pit is at 250 degrees. At what internal temp should I pull it? Will there be a stall at 160?

This is my first cook with my new Stoker. It's pretty cool that I'm here in my office and able to view on the Internet the pit and meat temp of my smoker at home.

Thanks in advance.

I'd pull it at 145 degrees if it were me. Let it rest for 15 minutes, slice and serve...

Okay I've pulled the pork loin at 145 degrees and wrapped it in foil. It doesn't need to be eaten for another 3 hours... so can I wrap it in towels in a cooler, or will that dry it out? What should I do with it for 3 hours?

Okay I've pulled the pork loin at 145 degrees and wrapped it in foil. It doesn't need to be eaten for another 3 hours... so can I wrap it in towels in a cooler, or will that dry it out? What should I do with it for 3 hours?

I did exactly that for my daughter's B-Day where I cooked 5 pork loins. I wrapped in foil, and put them in a cooler wrapped in towels (sitting in the sun) for about 3.5 hours before I sliced and served. They were still steaming hot when I pulled them out of the foil.

My pork loin was a rousing success! It took 2 hours at 250 to reach 145 degrees internal temp. As I said I pulled it at 3:10 PM and wrapped it in foil. Then I wrapped it in two towels and stored it in a cooler until 6PM. When I opened the cooler I was greeted by hot air and the loin was still very warm and juicy. I sliced it up and away we went to the party at 6:30. Everybody loved it.

In case anyone is interested, I injected the pork loin with 1 cup of apple juice that I dissolved a tbsp of Yardbird rub in. Then I slathered it with mustard and covered it with Yardbird and let it sit on the counter while I lit the fire.

My Stoker is AWESOME! I had it programmed for 250 degrees. It took about 15-20 minutes to reach temp and then it locked in. After I pulled the pork loin 2 hours later, I set the Stoker for 225 and let it run until the charcoal was expired. The total burn time before the fuel ran out was 15 hours (Weber 18" Bullet). The log shows that the temp never got over 231 and never dropped below 220. Pretty Cool!

Congrats!

I sure would have enjoyed seeing a picture of that one!

Back