MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 12-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #31
ulc
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Thanks for posting! In the future, please make a separate thread so I don't miss anything! I was in Taiwan about 20 years ago and it looks oh so much more Chinese in your pictures. I really had to get off the beaten path to find Chinese restaurants. The streets were lined with KFC, McDonalds, Tony Roma's and any other American chain you can think of. It was just like a modern mid-western city. I will definitely have to get back. And thanks for the additional Korean posts. Incheon is a beautiful airport. The upkeep is amazing. They have people going through cleaning every part of that airport. Watched little old ladies climb ladders to dust the top of signs on more than one occasion, but I also see them wiping down the ledges and rails at the subway stations. Wonder if ours have EVER been wiped down.

I find it's usually best if you just eat and then ask questions later.

...and thanks for the heads-up on the priority lounge. I've been a guest in a couple and found them crowded, uncomfortable and with crappy food I wouldn't want to eat (although the beer poured ok). If there were more like that one, I might consider signing up.
I didn't see that many American chain food places in Taiwan. Yes, I saw couple McDonalds, Starbucks, KFC, etc but you see those anywhere and it's easy to avoid. I saw lot of Japanese restaurants in Taiwan and huge number of Japanese and Korean tourists. I just love the social and food culture of Asia. And no tipping is great too.

I get free Priority Pass lounge access for me and two other guests through my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card. It's one of the many great perks of the CSR card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment!
Unfortunately, that's it for this Seoul, Jeju, and Taipei trip. We went to lot of places this past year including Budapest, Hungary, Vienna, Austria, Cartagena and Bogota, Colombia, Busan, South Korea, Turks and Caicos, Aruba, Los Cabos, Mexico, and this Seoul, Jeju, and Taipei trip. I don't know if we will do as many international travel in 2020 but we shall see. There are so many places I want to go and see.
ulc is offline   Reply With Quote