• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dallas/Ft Worth BBQ List

Thanks for sharing. I have been to probably 10 of them, and the best thing about that article is that a Princeton boy (Tim Hutchins who I know and who donated some swag for one of our first Texas bashes) came in ahead of the vastly overrated Cattleack and their lying co-owner (long story) along with the other Dallas side joints in the metroplex. I've never been to the 1 or 2 ranked places, so...

I wanted to try TB’s and buy The Trough from Pecan Lodge. I was outvoted 4-1 for Pad CU and Pad Key Mao And shrimp hot and sour soup fried 6 egg rolls etc etc riceThe Asian food was fantastic. A little hole in Metroplex wall. 64$ for a ton of food. Had I not been outvoted guessing Id been out 125-175$

Guess I won, even when losing

Sounds like us DFW farkers need to organize a li'l BBQ crawl some Saturday. Have only been to four of them and hadn't heard of a buncha them.

Not a bad list. WAY better than than most of the BS lists that place the larger chain or mass produced BBQ joints in the top 10 when they shouldn't be in the top 100. I've never seen Mike Andersons or 407 on a list. Both are excellent BBQ. A few are just meh in my book but at least there is some actual variety. More than a few i've never tried but plann to based on the other quality choices. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
I wanted to try TB’s and buy The Trough from Pecan Lodge. I was outvoted 4-1 for Pad CU and Pad Key Mao And shrimp hot and sour soup fried 6 egg rolls etc etc riceThe Asian food was fantastic. A little hole in Metroplex wall. 64$ for a ton of food. Had I not been outvoted guessing Id been out 125-175$

Guess I won, even when losing

What and where is that 'hole in the wall' place called and where was it? It's been a long time since I had some good Pho and similar stuff. TIA!

Bubba & I stopped for lunch at 407BBQ on the way down to last year's Texas Bash in Belton. Fatty brisket was off the hook!

Gsrt8SHh.jpg

Hutchins was great. I'll take the list next time I get down there.

Last edited:
Back