Anyone else up smoking?

jmill88

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My first post! Just put my butt on about an hour ago and looking forward to some good pulled pork tomorrow. Overslept a little and got it on a little late, but still should be ready in time when our friends get here tomorrow. Anyone else up smoking?

Heck yeah buddy. Put on a 8 lb butt and a 7.5 lb chuck at 6 a.m. EST. But, mother nature has decided to test me with my first smoke in the rain/lightning. We'll see how this goes... Time to head to dunkin for some coffee and a coffee roll.

I was up... working a 12-hour overnight shift at the hospital... U guys will have to enjoy the Q this weekend without me... :)

I was up... working a 12-hour overnight shift at the hospital... U guys will have to enjoy the Q this weekend without me... :)

Start driving now buddy and you can make it to Wilmington, DE by 2-3 pm. We're having the stuff on the smoker plus 2 bushels of crabs...

Woke at 4:22 to thunder and lightning. No Q today as it is supposed to storm most the day. Guess I'll have to grill in the garage.

Just got up to refuel the WSM. I get about 8 hours per load with this Best of the West mesquite. Butts were both 160, brisket was some sort of temperature that didn't matter because not even the point is tender yet.

How's the butt lookin' now? I got up early (not as early as some of you warriors) and started the pecan, so I could put the pork on by 0400.

I was up at 0600 to start the smoking and Ill finish tomorrow, its suppose to rain today but what the heck who's afraid of a little rain. Its the thunder and lighting that makes me hide under the bed

Last edited:
How's the butt lookin' now? I got up early (not as early as some of you warriors) and started the pecan, so I could put the pork on by 0400.

Butt is looking awesome. Haven't checked the temp lately, but it was at about 162 degrees. Can't wait to chow down. Happy 4th to you all!

I'm just finishing up an overnighter brisket (12 1/2 hour smoke, took off at 0830 this morning) and ribs since 0500 this morning (0922 now). Should be done in an hour or so. Cooking on a Lang 36 Patio that I just got 2 weeks ago. I love this smoker.
Randy

Have a 23lb beef clod going all night, about to throw 3 racks of spares on. Have plenty of meat but low on beer...

Been up since 0530. Two butts and two briskets going and it is a beautiful day.

Smoked a tenderloin, a rack of ribs, and 2 butts last night. Tenderloin was ready about the time the race was over and ribs done shortly after. The butts on the other hand were ready about 3. They stalled and I had to turn up the temps. But they sho was pretty.

Update on my cook: Both my Butt and my Chuck are sitting at 174 presently. I've never had two different meats at exactly the same temp like this before and I keep second guessing myself by re-checking the probes, checking with other thermos and such. Not that I'm really worried about a certain temp, but it's nice to be able to have a rough idea when to start paying more attention to doneness.

In other news, picked up a case and a half of this beer call RJ Rockers "Son of a Peach." Brewed in Spartanburg, SC Now, I'm not really a fan of fruity beers, but this one is legitimately good. If any of you guys see it in your beer store, I'd urge you to try!

I have 2 picnics on since 11:30pm, 2 hunks of beef short ribs on now, one rack of bb ribs, fatty, doinks, moinks and hotdogs to go.

WHICH I HAD SOME BLUE CRABS!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Heck yeah.... Cooking all day long... but a butt on this morning.. Chicken for lunch.. Baby backs on the cooker for a later on customer..

here is some butt shots... LOL Happy cookin fellows.

IMG_20110703_114808.jpg

IMG_20110703_114910.jpg

IMG_20110703_114903.jpg

First flat is done, waiting on the next one (shouldn't be too long). I keep picking pieces of bark off the fat cap of this flat though. Not sure how I'm going to stop myself from doing that.

Back