MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:41 PM   #1
bigcatkim
Found some matches.

Question Comp Trailer Fresh Water

So I'm looking to add a sink with fresh water to my new comp trailer. I have found a tank supplier that has everything size for sale. They will make if if needed. I'm looking at THIS for my tank.

Does anyone have any recommendations on adding a grey and fresh water tanks to a comp trailer. Should I even do it? I was just thinking of adding a city water connection on the outside and be done with it. The issue there is not all comps have water. I'm pretty handy, I just need some good advice.

Thank in advance!

bigcatkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

The simplest way to do it would be like you said, a city water connection, and then add a portable grey water tank to drain the sink into (you can't drain gray water on the ground at most comps).

If you want to get fancy, you can add the fresh water tank inside and then a grey water tank under the trailer, but that takes a little more planning on plumbing knowledge. The hardest part for me when we added plumbing trailer to our trailer was finding a grey tank that would fit between the joists in the floor.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2019, 02:43 PM   #3
bigcatkim
Found some matches.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpw View Post
The hardest part for me when we added plumbing trailer to our trailer was finding a grey tank that would fit between the joists in the floor.
I was thinking of doing that. My floor beams are 12" on center. That's pretty narrow. The company I linked in my first post will make a custom tank. I'm thinking something that spans the full trailer width that would fit in there nicely. Weld some bars to strap it up.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #4
pharp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcatkim View Post
I was thinking of doing that. My floor beams are 12" on center. That's pretty narrow. The company I linked in my first post will make a custom tank. I'm thinking something that spans the full trailer width that would fit in there nicely. Weld some bars to strap it up.
We did not have any requirements that it had to be under the unit. We had plenty of under counter space so both fresh and grey are under there. Made the tank cheaper and work easier.
pharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2019, 08:56 PM   #5
bigcatkim
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharp View Post
We did not have any requirements that it had to be under the unit. We had plenty of under counter space so both fresh and grey are under there. Made the tank cheaper and work easier.

For you under counter grey storage, how are you setup to empty. I have explored that option also. If I go that way, I would want to hookup an RV style grey water drain.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #6
pharp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcatkim View Post
For you under counter grey storage, how are you setup to empty. I have explored that option also. If I go that way, I would want to hookup an RV style grey water drain.
That is what we have. It has an RV drain on the side. The tank is just on a bit of an angle pointed toward the drain.
pharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #7
eap0510
Full Fledged Farker

On my trailer that I built myself I just have a city connection for my fresh water since all of the comps in my area supply water. As for the gray water I use a mobile tote like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Barker-30844-...B4QDAH9RCQGEKD

Tags
Competition, plumbing, trailer