4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Here’s the thang...

I’ve got a brisket in the fridge...

I wanna eat it Friday...

But here’s th’ catch...

We have National’s track meet on Thursday that we’ll leave Wednesday evening for. We probably won’t be home till 2:00 Friday morning.

My thought is to trim the brisket (which is now in the cryovac) Wednesday just before we leave. Wrap in Saran Wrap and put it back in the fridge. Then when we get home from the track meet, fire Mable up and as she’s coming to temp take the brisket out, unwrap, season, and put in the cooker.

Anyone see a problem?

Don’t see any issues. Season it and let that flavor develop while it awaited the flame in the fridge.

Don’t see any issues. Season it and let that flavor develop while it awaited the flame in the fridge.

So yer saying let the rub sit on it fer 30hrs?

I don’t know if I can bring meself to do that...

I have done 24 on brisket and butt and they came out amazing. Granted they were mustard slather with rub on top.

If I was forced to, 6 extra hours would stop me.

My only thought, which I could be wrong on, is won't the meat be more prone to spoiling once it's removed from the cryovac. I would keep it as is and do an express trim/season and just eat a little later than planned on the Friday. I dont see the upside to opening it early.

Edit

I don’t see a problem either way. Smoke on!

Last edited:
Thanks y’all...

Bruce and Jeanie are threatening me manhood...

IM DOIN IT!!!

Not a big deal at all to trim a couple days in advance. Just wrap well and throw it back in the fridge. It's not like grinding up the meat where all of it gets exposed throughout to pathogens.

Personally I would rub when you get home and while your heating up cooker.

I am on the season it before you wrap in plastic, boat. Give it a chance to dry brine...more flavor!!

Do I see a problem? I'll tell you after I read your results post and look at the pics...
:-D

Do I see a problem? I'll tell you after I read your results post and look at the pics...
:-D

I knew I could count on you Kevin! :laugh:

But at least ya didn’t question me manhood like Jeanie and Bruce!

#wedointhis

Good luck at meet.

Run Jump Throw their best

Y’all don’t shoot!!!

There was no time to prep the brisket before we left...

The best laid plans go to waist...

Thanks for all your input!

If you start taking fire send smoke signals, I’ll bring burnt ends.

Last edited:
Yes SIR!!!

BYW Adams, seeing as how my kid made it to nationals this month we won’t be headed to Valley of the Gods ta camp, so breakfast at the KOA is off...

Back