MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:20 PM   #1
Mike Twangzer
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Mail Order Meat

Anyone have any experience with Six Brothers Beef out of Euless Texas ? Thx
Mike Twangzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2021, 08:21 PM   #2
DarkStar11
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

I don't have experience with Six Brothers but I do with Hassell Cattle Co out of Rusk, TX. Hassell's beef is excellent. I placed an order after someone here (Texas Pete, I think) mentioned them and I've been extremely pleased with everything they've shipped.

Last edited by DarkStar11; 04-10-2021 at 09:33 PM..
DarkStar11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #3
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

I got nothing, sorry. They seem to have good product and decent pricing and the reviews I saw were very favorable

Old 04-11-2021, 07:36 AM   #4
Mike Twangzer
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar11 View Post
I don't have experience with Six Brothers but I do with Hassell Cattle Co out of Rusk, TX. Hassell's beef is excellent. I placed an order after someone here (Texas Pete, I think) mentioned them and I've been extremely pleased with everything they've shipped.
What did you order ? thx

Old 04-11-2021, 08:35 AM   #5
Mike Twangzer
is Blowin Smoke!

Saw some +/- reviews and hate to take a chance without a recommendation. I'm going to check Hassell

Old 04-11-2021, 09:05 AM   #6
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Twangzer View Post
Saw some +/- reviews and hate to take a chance without a recommendation. I'm going to check Hassell

If I were going to try Hassell beef based on appearance for the first time(assuming the photos are an accurate representation of what you'll get), I would likely order:

• Tri-Tip looks very good. At $10 per lb for Wagyu, that's a great price.

• Flat iron also looks good.

• Teres major also appears to be a good candidate, as does the hanger steak, but the hanger is untrimmed so it requires a bit of skill to get it to a finished state without making a mess of it.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2021, 09:31 AM   #7
Mike Twangzer
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
If I were going to try Hassell beef based on appearance for the first time(assuming the photos are an accurate representation of what you'll get), I would likely order:

• Tri-Tip looks very good. At $10 per lb for Wagyu, that's a great price.

• Flat iron also looks good.

• Teres major also appears to be a good candidate, as does the hanger steak, but the hanger is untrimmed so it requires a bit of skill to get it to a finished state without making a mess of it.
Thanks, Moose ... it all looks good and that's what's tuff about making a decision. It a gift for someone that gave me speakers for my system. Might just give a gift certificate from creekstone.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:15 AM   #8
DarkStar11
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Twangzer View Post
What did you order ? thx
I've ordered the Tri-tip, Denver steaks, Sirloin steaks, Chuck Eye steaks, Teres Major Medallions, ground beef, and sausage. I haven't tried the sausage yet, but everything else has been excellent. I like their tri-tips better than the ones I've cooked from Creekstone.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:30 PM   #9
Mike Twangzer
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar11 View Post
I've ordered the Tri-tip, Denver steaks, Sirloin steaks, Chuck Eye steaks, Teres Major Medallions, ground beef, and sausage. I haven't tried the sausage yet, but everything else has been excellent. I like their tri-tips better than the ones I've cooked from Creekstone.
Thanks, they do seem a bit more expensive, though