Flame Boss 200 Wifi Video Demo and Review

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OB_cB5OKDQ"]Flame Boss 200 Wifi Demo and Review - YouTube[/ame]

I put this video review together on the initial test and run of my Flame Boss 200 Wifi with a brisket cook on the Kamado Joe Classic... I'm impressed!

Good review. I'm close to buying one of these for my LSG Insulated Cabinet.

Looks like a good alternative to the cyberq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wised it had more than one meat probe like the cyberq does though.

Wised it had more than one meat probe like the cyberq does though.

Trust me the temperature control on this is worth SO much more than the extra probes on an LSG imo. I have both CyberQ and FlameBoss, have hooked them both up to the LSG, and the Flameboss is so much more accurate and stable. The variable speed ability is what blows it away.

Trust me the temperature control on this is worth SO much more than the extra probes on an LSG imo. I have both CyberQ and FlameBoss, have hooked them both up to the LSG, and the Flameboss is so much more accurate and stable. The variable speed ability is what blows it away.

Good to know!!
Do you have one fan or two?

TomRaz has a two fan setup on the LSG IVC

I'll have to state that I'm working with FlameBoss and Kevin at Northeast pro BBQ using a Humphrey's DEB to dial in why my FlameBoss 100 doesn't control the way it is advertised. It is not a "set and forget it" as of yet.
If you notice in the video. Look at the graph from start to finish. Quite a bit of on/off fan/temp veriations at different intervals thru the cook. Other times, very stable. Quite a bit at the end of the cook. I don't know if that was the smoker lid opening/closing or what the conditions were.
It is a nice simple to use unit. And I have NO experience with other brands. Just my observations.

I have only used my Flame Boss with my BGE. My experience has been that it keeps rock solid temps as long as you keep the dome closed.

You can over ride the fan shut off with the dome open, but I don't. I try to keep my dome openings to a minimum. The FB recovers fairly quickly from dome openings.

I really like the fact that I can control / monitor the cook from the comfort of my house - or anywhere with a web connection.

Well spent money.

Back