plans for this weekend

che22879

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My smoker will be working hard this weekend! We are planning on smoking a brisket, a tri tip, a pork loin, spare ribs, beef ribs, turkey legs and breast and a few appetizers we still need to pick. I have my vertical gas smoker, my 55 gallon drum charcoal grill and a charbroil gas grill ready to go! All 3 will be used to smoke the meats. This will be my first time making a brisket and pork loin and I might try to get a pork butt too. Any tips or personal recipes are welcome! Wish me luck fellas!!!
Here are pics of my cookers. and some pron!
100_7014.jpg

100_7025.jpg

003.jpg

100_7351.jpg

100_7355.jpg

100_7375.jpg

100_7384.jpg

016.jpg

100_7364.jpg

What appetizers will go well with all this meat??

For appetizers: MOINKBALLS.
For sides: Corn on the cob, baked beans, mashed potatoes, corn bread...

We're making corn for sure and the moink balls look good! My wife is planning the sides. She always does a great job! I want to try the pig newtons too.

Driving three hours to go to Dallas where the GF's parents are at. They are celebrating her grandmothers 98th birthday! And she is still sane and healthy, after smoking for darn near 75 years! They have a big gasser, and I am not doing the cooking. But I am hoping to at least introduce them to ABT's. :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting Friday night and ending sometime on Sunday. I will be in a BBQ coma on Monday.

We still need to plan out what we're cooking on each night, The brisket and pork loin are going in sunday night to be ready for monday. Tri tip might be going in on sunday afternoon so we can make sandwiches while we keep the smoker going all night long. I think we're grilling steaks on saturday night. Any more appetizer recommendations??

First phase is over, the tri tips were eaten in 20 minutes! We made sandwiches, they were awesome!

Back