MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:20 AM   #31
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

They are fun!!

Last edited by 16Adams; 09-02-2015 at 03:03 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #32
AClarke44
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookingdude555 View Post
Yes, it definitively gives a different flavor. In my opinion, wood fire is not about smoke, it is about a really hot, convection fire. This oven delivers it. I love my blackstone oven. I have not cooked pizza on the big green egg once since I got it. I wanted to build a wood fired oven, and I may still do that, but I can honestly say that this oven has given me enough pizza satisfaction to not dream about a WFO as much anymore.
Hhmm you may be on to something there. I wasn't really thinking "smoke" from the wood just a different flavor. Kind of like how food from a charcoal grill tastes different than from a gasser. What makes the flavor different from an oven, the really high heat cook?
22.5 Crimson Weber Premium
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turker Fryer
LoCo 80qt crawfish kit

Re-homed cookers:
Black Weber OTG (Happy Hapgood)
Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)
Char-griller Akorn
28” Blackstone Pro Series
Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco

Check out the PBC Appreciation Thread!
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210239[/url]
AClarke44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2015, 11:03 AM   #33
Fwismoker

All are different flavors. Wood and it's lignins and other convection gasses are seasonings, propane gasses actually give some flavors. Grilling or griddeling both offer their own unique flavors by searing the natural sugars in the foods but griddeling let's meat/ veggies sear in their own oils. Lately I've done a bunch of cooking over fire and can't wait to combine that with the camp chef griddle.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #34
nmeyer414
is One Chatty Farker

I would like to say fark each and every one of you for putting this idea into my wife's head! now on the other hand i really want to say thank you. I just got it for $242 (lowes price match and military discount).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150830_150204.jpg (38.9 KB, 1054 views)

Last edited by nmeyer414; 08-30-2015 at 05:34 PM..
nmeyer414 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #35
smoke ninja

Just wanted to give all you new blackstone owners a chance to get down in this thread.

I count at least 4 this week.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:51 PM   #36
cheez59
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I've been watching all these Blackstone threads for the last several weeks. That was in my noggin when three of my grandkids spent the weekend. They got up wanting pancakes, bacon and sausage. When it was all over I had trashed the kitchen and dirtied 5 pans. Plus the fact that it took me 45 minutes to cook it all. If I had had my BSG I could have cut the cook time in half and made 1/4 of the mess in the kitchen. No brainer here so I went shopping. Got the BSG this week and made breakfast this morning. Bacon, eggs and scattered smothered hash browns in 10 minutes. Ate on paper plates so the only cleanup was the grater and spatula. I do 90% of the cooking at my house but the wife does all the cleanup. She is a happy camper that I got the griddle and I am having more fun cooking. 😜
Lone Star Grillz mini insulated cabinet.Lonestar Grillz 20x42 offset. Broil King Baron Gasser, Vortex and Slow & Sear Plus, Weber 26" Original Premium, Weber Smoky Joe, Cajun Fryer 8-1/2 & 4 Gallon, The Big Easy oil-less fryer, BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud, BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2, Thermoworks Smoke, Maverick XR-50
cheez59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #37
93vpmod
is Blowin Smoke!

Not sure mine counts for this week, but I finally was able to season it this morning. Only took me about six weeks from delivery. Way too much work lately.

A couple of pounds of bacon made for a nice first cook and some great BLTs. I really liked the even temps across the entire griddle. Now it's "Game On!"

93vpmod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #38
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez59 View Post
I've been watching all these Blackstone threads for the last several weeks. That was in my noggin when three of my grandkids spent the weekend. They got up wanting pancakes, bacon and sausage. When it was all over I had trashed the kitchen and dirtied 5 pans. Plus the fact that it took me 45 minutes to cook it all. If I had had my BSG I could have cut the cook time in half and made 1/4 of the mess in the kitchen. No brainer here so I went shopping. Got the BSG this week and made breakfast this morning. Bacon, eggs and scattered smothered hash browns in 10 minutes. Ate on paper plates so the only cleanup was the grater and spatula. I do 90% of the cooking at my house but the wife does all the cleanup. She is a happy camper that I got the griddle and I am having more fun cooking. 😜
I couldn't say it better myself! This morning I fixed my entire breakfast on it. Pulled pork, Egg's and Diced potato's with some toast. Fed the whole family. Wish I thought of paper plates tho!
blazinfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #39
smokingkettle
Full Fledged Farker

My birthday is coming up. I'm definitely asking for one.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:11 PM   #40
smoke ninja

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #41
Panthers65
is one Smokin' Farker

I'll show my appreciation!

Leftover this:

Turned to this:

And this (ignore the stylish footware):

And this:

On another note, that Pizza oven topper is . Is that an add on/accessory that I can get for my 36" griddle, or is that an entirely separate unit?
Panthers65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2015, 05:26 PM   #42
TeamGreene
Knows what a fatty is.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150820_183720.jpg (58.4 KB, 894 views)
TeamGreene is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #43
smoke ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers65 View Post
I'll show my appreciation!

Leftover this:

Turned to this:

And this (ignore the stylish footware):

And this:

On another note, that Pizza oven topper is . Is that an add on/accessory that I can get for my 36" griddle, or is that an entirely separate unit?

Great looking food... i love me a grilled sub.

The blackstone pizza oven is a standalone unit. It uses propane to cook insanely good pizzas insanely fast. Moose posted some nice pics on the first page of the thread and did a full review here:

http://mooseonfire.com/home/2015/1/4...one-pizza-oven

Old 09-27-2015, 09:18 AM   #44
stiffy
Full Fledged Farker

Haven't posted for a long time but bought a blackstone a couple weeks ago and thought I would share.

Did bacon first.

Then stir fry

Pork chops

French toast

Then smashburgers

stiffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2015, 06:50 PM   #45
Flatheadyoungin
Knows what a fatty is.

Moderators please block any term "blackstone," or "BSG" to help save me some money.
Flatheadyoungin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blackstone, griddle, pizza oven