• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Franklin’s BBQ

I checked it out. Pretty expensive. Not sure if they freeze the beef for shipping.

Way back when I joined this site one of the moderators (Bob Brisket) made a statement to me that paraphrased said, “you never know what type of response you’re going to get when you post something on the public internet”
Truer words were never spoken.

Y’all’s outrage and non interest is duly noted.

I am not outraged and I am interested. My question was, essentially, how do you ship a cooked brisket with out sacrificing quality?

This is your thread Adams, do with it as you will.

Tasting Franklin's brisket , if for no other reason than to see what the hype is about, is on my list of things to do.

And it won't be cheap driving to Austin, getting a hotel room. I will probably make a week of it and visit some other joints in the area.

I'm sure the quality won't be the same, but if the idea is just to taste that brisket, then its cheaper having it shipped.

You would be surprised to see the fresh quality you can buy from a Kosher market if you can find one in your area. $9.95 per pound. I know that is expensive the quality is high. Also, Now pavilions is offering Snake River Farms, fresh not frozen.

im not paying almost 300 dollars for a brisket.

Looks like you wouldn't be getting a whole brisket, just five pounds of brisket. Cool site though. I will have to go through all of the stuff and see what pops out at me.

Three pounds of smoked salmon mac and cheese from a place from Washington sounds good. Three one pound trays come frozen.

I used to live in Austin and we'd go there fairly often. Been so long now my small brain can't really remember how it tasted.

If I was feeling a bit flush I might well do that just for the experience. Certainly cheaper than a trip to Austin, and maybe worth it not to wait in line for hours. That's what money is for me - experiences and having choices.

Way back when I joined this site one of the moderators (Bob Brisket) made a statement to me that paraphrased said, “you never know what type of response you’re going to get when you post something on the public internet”
Truer words were never spoken.

Y’all’s outrage and non interest is duly noted.
I think this sums it up...[emoji1787]
https://youtu.be/UQa6Z1xFq4E

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Some people pay $150 for an ounce of Pappy Van Winkle, to each their own. It’s worth what people are willing to pay. Is Pappy worth $150 an ounce....hell naw but sometimes you just have to know....

I got that email too.

L9BLVM1.png

Back