MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-17-2021, 06:15 AM   #16
TC Smoke & Que
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
That is one CLEAN looking cooker! The food looks delishious!!! I read on another forum about a guy that had two of every kind of cookers he owned.One for cooking and another for photographing.That is off the chart to me.Not saying you are that guy but you maintain the cleanest cooker I have ever seen.
That pork butt was extremely tasty!!
I learned long ago that the better you take care of your tools, the better they take care of you; and no, I am not "that guy".
Cleaning the water pan, and grates keeps from getting a burnt / rancid flavor in the food. That I learned from an old friend years ago when I was first learning to Que.
TC Smoke & Que is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-17-2021, 08:02 AM   #17
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

I both respect and admire your cleanliness. What is your method for cleaning the grates?

Old 01-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #18
TC Smoke & Que
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

First I spray the grates with Pam before I cook and let them set while the charcoal is getting ready.
When I clean them I use a stainless steel scrubbing pot pad for the build up, and then a scotch brite pad, soap and hot water for the rest of the cleaning. I do the same for the water pan, which I also spray the outside with Pam, and a light rub on the top edge with it.
TC Smoke & Que is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2021, 02:37 PM   #19
Shiz-Nit
Babbling Farker

Looks awesome

Instagram - bluegrasssouthernsmokers

Deep South GC28
Forno Venetzia wood fired pizza oven
Weber Summit S-670 natural gasser
Traeger pellet pooper
BGE's