Oklahoma Joe Bandera vs Dyna Glo vertical smoker ???

Dshifter

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am looking to add to my "Q" capabilities, I am leaning towards an Oklahoma Joe Bandera.
What are people's thoughts?
Any Bandera owners have insight, good or bad?
I want to stay under $400
Thanks!

I've seen a few dyna glo and they are junk.

the bandera will always have a special place on this board

If you can wait a couple months, Walmart and Lowe's will clear out their inventory at the end of the season to make room for Christmas junk. Got my bandera from Lowe's for $180 last year. Some stores were marked down to $100, though none near me. Watch brickseek in the fall.

Bandera

Harder to find on CL, but it can be done for no more than $150 - older models are 11 gauge steel ~ 1/8"

This should tell you all you need to know:

07bad54194d02efda0ec0ac0913d4d9b.jpg

Depends on which Dynaglo vertical smoker you're referring to. The boxy charcoal offset cabinets are popular but not great. The Heavy Duty Signature Series offset with the round firebox and cook chamber is a decent stick burner.

Well it definitely tells me I should value your opinion, but, OKJ has the wood staged so that is encouraging.
Let me ask you, which one did you buy first?
That will tell me slot.
Thanks!!!

I'd pass on both and hope for a CL WSM 22 or buy a new WSM 18- either of those are better (to me) than the 2 choices you are considering. Oklahoma Joe Bronco drum might fill the bill too.

Or you could always "build a UDS" - (had to be said- tradition and all)

Well it definitely tells me I should value your opinion, but, OKJ has the wood staged so that is encouraging.
Let me ask you, which one did you buy first?
That will tell me slot.
Thanks!!!

I bought the Dynaglow on a Amazon lightning deal. Had no idea what to expect. The picture above is to show you the size of the firebox. I was feeding chunks of wood every 30 minutes in the Dynaglow. And on cooks longer than 3 hours I would have to do take out the entire fire basket and clean out the ash. It is extremely small! Fortunately I had a neighbor who was going through a divorce and snagged his Bandera for $100. Sold the Dynaglow shortly after.

173e97c059f1267a0c2c7776fc5483ab.jpg

Last edited:
Let us know how it goes. I'm sure once you learn it, you will turn out some great food.

Back